Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings v Huddersfield (a)

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
Oh boy, been waiting for this thread

Ryan 6

Suttner 6
Duffy 5
Dunk 5
Bruno 5

Brown 4
Pröpper 6
Stephens 5
Schelotto 4 (tempted to put 3 but would be harsh)

Groß 6

Murray 5

Subs:

March 6
Izquierdo 6
Hemed n/a

Manager 5 - redeemed himself with the subs at better times than usual but the damage was done first half

Last edited:

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Ryan 7 - Distribution was good and made two or three cracking saves (especially one at the start that I was sure was in). Should have saved the second goal

Suttner 6 - Made some good runs going forward but didn't always get the pass he needed. Erratic at the back.
Duffy 6 - Did OK but kept going for headers and getting underneath them. Passing also off
Dunk 7 - Made some excellent challenges and looks so calm on the ball. Passing was off again today
Bruno 5 - Thought he was good first half but as he tired he was a real liability. Needs a rest but can't think who could replace him

Brown 3 - Dreadful. Lacked energy, despire, strength and positional sense. Should not be playing out wide but that does not excuse such a lack of effort.
Pröpper 6 - First 60 minutes was always looking for a positive pass, last 30 minutes constantly giving the ball away and wasting good opportunities.
Stephens 6 - Drifted in and out. Didn't make his mark on the game like he should have
Schelotto 2 - Honestly one of the worst performances from an Albion player I have ever seen. I know this is a bed wetting remark but I would not be disappointed if we released him this evening. ****ing shambles of a player.

Groß 5 - Little influence

Murray 4 - Always offside, poor first touch and always seems to blunder when in a good position. On the other hand was left very exposed with little support.

Subs:

March 7 - Still not firing at his best but looks better on the right wing when cutting inside
Izquierdo 6 - No service and ineffective.
Hemed 7 - At least he put some effort in. Would start him against Spurs

Manager 4 - Completely wrong team selection with players not suited to the tactics or playing positions. Did realise his mistake and can't be responsible for poor individual performance but set the tone for the defeat. Hopefully a learning experience

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Ryan 6.5
Bruno 4
Duffy 4
Dunk 4.5
Suttner 4
Schelotto 2
Pröpper 4.5
Stephens 5
Brown 2
Groß 4
Murray 4

March 6
Izquierdo 5
Hemed 6

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Ryan 6
Would have been five nil if not for some great saves
But crucial mistake for the second goal
Bruno 5
Poor today but had Schellotto in front of him
Suttner 5
Poor couldn't tackle
Duffy 5
Missed some headers and misplaced passes
Dunk 7
One mistake for the first goal otherwise best player
Stephens 6
Ok
Propper 5
Couldn't pass
Schellotto 4
Dreadful. Played out of position and didn't know what he was supposed to do
Brown 6
Ok
Gross 5
Poor
Murray 6
Offside Glenn

Hughton 4
Dreadful team selection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Ryan 6 - meh.

Suttner 1 - league 1 that is.
Duffy 3 - More fluffy than Duffy today.
Dunk 6 - More Lewis than Morse.
Bruno 4 - Let's be frank, punch drunk at best. 'arry.

Brown 3 - I'll give him this... no, no I wont.
Pröpper 4 - proper ****ed.
Stephens 3 - lacks depth perception.
Schelotto 2 - the walnut whippet.

Groß 5 - Who loves you and who do you love? I'll catch it in a re-run.

Murray 4 - - Isolated akin to north Korea, yet lacking any weapon's of mass destruction.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Ryan 6 at fault for second? Yes, but the defence should clear the danger beforehand. 1 excellent save

Bruno 3 being pressed and put under pressure exposed him, made loads of rash challenges
Duffy 5 not helped by those around him
Dunk 5.5 see above, but marked up because of his good blocks
Suttner 3 I never thought I'd be crying out for Bong, the slightly less shit LB...

Schelotto 2 dire. Criticism deserved. I'm clutching at straws he'll be better in his own position
Pröpper 4.5 always looked to play wide or sideways, shame those players were poor
Stephens 4.5 see above
Brown 3 slightly less dire than the other dross, but way below par.

Groß 4 too slow and predictable, looks knackered and out of ideas
Murray 5 offside too many times as usual

March 6 looked good. My MOTM despite only playing the latter stages.
Izquierdo 4 other than 1 tame shot, did he touch the ball?
Hemed 4 not enough time to influence further. His main contribution was subbing off an underperforming Izzy

That wasn't worth waking up at 5AM for.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
We were trying to decide who was our Albion MOTM today and the performance was so poor across the board that it came down to who was the least worst. The answer we came up with was a tossup between March and Stephens. I'm willing to give Schelotto a pass for being played out of position this time. There's no denying however that it was possibly the worst starting debut by any player for many a year. I'm trying to think of a worse one. Robbie Savage?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Ryan 6 - At fault for 2nd but could've been 5-6 without some great saves
Bruno 5 - missed his usual partner on right
Duffy 5 - lots of mistimed heading today
Dunk 6 - poor by his usual high standards, but didn't actually do much wrong
Sutner 4 - exposed and no attacking threat.

Schelloto 2 - looked like a rock star playing in a charity game
Propper 7 - did ok with some tidy midfield play but never had anyone to play a pass to
Stephens 7 - see above
Brown 1 - scores lower than Schelloto as his effort and commitment were at Leon Best levels. Severe lack of professionalism from him playing against his old mates today.

Groß 5 - never got the ball in any space, which was maybe to do with their defence not having to worry about defending our wings.
Murray 5 - offside so many times, but never got a chance to do what he does best, which is get on the end of crosses.

March 6 - got going later into game
Izquierdo 5 - his main weapon of pace is easily nullified when the defence can sit back in a 2-0 lead with 15-20 mins to go.

Hughton 2 - got selection wrong. Also, him telling media that dropping Knockaert from squad was tactical just adds fuel to rumours. He may not have been at last season's standard, but fans aren't that stupid; CH should've said he had stomach bug.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Ryan 7 – Shouldn't have let in the second goal, but did extremely well to keep out 3 or 4 other real chances.

Bruno 5 – Huddersfield away last year was a nightmare for Bruno; this was at least better, but still nothing to really cheer about.
Duffy 5 – Not one of his best games, has seemed a little under par ever since the Ireland game tbh.
Dunk 6.5 – Might have done better with the two goals, but made some vital tackles in the second half. Obligatory raking cross field diagonal to March late on: check.
Stunner 4.5 – Barely coped defensively, offered almost nothing going forward.

Schelloto 2 – OK he was out of position, but he looked totally clueless and not worth the money we paid. Very very worrying.
Propper 6 – Tried, but mostly ineffective. Totally wasted one of our few chances by ballooning a shot miles over the bar.
Stephens 5.5 – Needs a break. Maybe it's unfair to compare his contribution to Mooy's, but the contrast was stark.
Brown 3 – I didn't see the Liverpool game, where apparently he played ok, but every time I've seen him he's peripheral at best.

Groß 4.5 – Another player who needs rotating, frankly, to come back refreshed. The sooner we can try Baldock, and something a bit different, the better.
Murray 4 – Offside, offside, offside. His game is pretty one-dimensional, and while he can stick a cross in the net now and again and has the game-savvy to irritate the opposition, this isn't enough to carry a Premier League campaign. Fair enough a different striker probably wouldn't have changed the result yesterday, but not having a pacey striker to alternate with Murray remains the major problem it's been since August.

March 6 – Started and finished his half brightly, looking like our only real threat, but faded in between.
Izquierdo 4 – Wasn't on for long, but only seemed to have the ball once in the whole time he was on… Cue: cut inside, shoot. Needs a more rounded game – once in a while that works (West Ham), but if it's pretty much all you try, and the 'shot' is a 30 yard doozey into the keeper's hands, then it's a limited return on a record outlay.
Hemed – 5. Didn't really have time to make of an impression. Clever turn to win a free kick, which we then wasted...

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
6 - average

Ryan 5 - two very good saves
Bruno 5
Suttner 4
Dunk 5 - played a part in both of their goals, amazed he is escaping the criticism
Duffy - 5
Brown - 4
Stephens- 5
Propper- 5
Schelotto- 3
Gross - 4
Murray- 4

Izquierdo- 5
March - 5
Hemed - 5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
A collective 3, apart from Bruno 1. No fight as a captain. When the chips are down he goes missing never see him rallying the guys preferring to look down and fiddle with his socks. Time for a better right back.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
March was the only player who offered anything yesterday when he came on. Ryan made a few good saves apart from the obvs error. Otherwise a performance to forget, whole team had an off-day.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Ryan 5 Difficult one to mark as his mistake gave us no way back and our heads dropped but he did save us from a drubbing.
Bruno 4 Lost count of the times he made mistakes and let them in.
Duffy 3 By far the worst game I've seen from him this season
Dunk 6 Lost his man for the first but kept his head when everyone else was dire
Suttner 5 Started ok but then Brown's lack of support began to tell and he was all at sea
Schelotto 2 Completely out of his depth. Starting away is completely different from coming on late when opponents are tired. What was CH thinking?
Pröpper 3 Proper horrible game from him
Stephens 5 Getting the benefit of the doubt bearing in mind his team mates
Brown 2 Started ok then looked like he wanted to be playing with his mates instead. Again what was CH thinking? Has been forced to play him by Chelsea?
Groß 4 Tired and slow
Murray 3 Could not win hardly anything on the ground or in the air. One of the most inept striker performances I've seen for a while.

March 7 Massive improvement
Izquierdo 6
Hemed 6

Ratings are probably a bit harsh but freezing watching that and knowing we have a long journey home has taken it's toll.

CH got that massively wrong again. He must have known they would press us so he had to play players comfortable on the ball and with a bit of pace to counter it. Schellotto and Brown starting was criminal.

There was a very unhappy set of players trudging over to clap the fans at the end and I'm not sure that is completely down to that bad performance. I saw quite a few altercations between players on the pitch and CH has his work cut out to lift morale.

The work rate of Huddersfield has to be commended but it highlighted our lack of it. We just don't seem to have the necessary energy to compete in this league and our slow lethargic starts are costing us.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Universal that Schelotto was shocking.

Hailed as a good signing during the awful close of window.
Nah look at comments from other teams fans when we signed him. Universally abysmal. Stealing a living as a footballer , bizarre signing.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here