Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Izzy Brown

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I just watched the highlights on MotD and there was a save by Mat Ryan in the second half, ball fizzed in low, came off his chest. Play it back a few seconds to the player that crossed it in. Brown had him covered and then just totally left him to knock that cross in. That is/was quite unforgivable.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The defensive comments are particularly surprising as everything we did last year was built on a platform of "defending from the front". There were no passengers.

Interesting, the first half vs Liverpool he was awful defensively, until Bong got in his ear and then Hughton. But the second half he came out on fire, and for 25 mins, ran Liverpool ragged. Yesterday, to be honest, I thought he was very poor, but they all were. As per my other post, Duffy was livid with him at on point.

I just wonder whether perhaps we are not a good fit for him. I was underwhelmed when we signed him on loan, but I do understand he has not had a sufficient run with decent minutes and is probably out of position.

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove
The more and more I think about it, I believe Albion have agreed a loan deal with Chelsea, that Brown has to play in ‘x amount’ of games / minutes during his loan period.

The club (Barber) have previously stated they won’t take a loan player on that basis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fnd_hudds

That Huddersfield Tosser
Feb 3, 2017
Interesting, the first half vs Liverpool he was awful defensively, until Bong got in his ear and then Hughton. But the second half he came out on fire, and for 25 mins, ran Liverpool ragged. Yesterday, to be honest, I thought he was very poor, but they all were. As per my other post, Duffy was livid with him at on point.

I just wonder whether perhaps we are not a good fit for him. I was underwhelmed when we signed him on loan, but I do understand he has not had a sufficient run with decent minutes and is probably out of position.

He's not a superstar, and very rarely carried a game for us by himself, but he was so popular with our fans because he was a grafter (stereotypically, we like grafters oop 'ere). As I said though, Izzy is by far the most effective when playing centrally and direct. That was in the championship though, and as we're both finding, there is a HUGE difference this season. Defenders this year are much more difficult to break through, and the required quality has shot right up.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He's not a superstar, and very rarely carried a game for us by himself, but he was so popular with our fans because he was a grafter (stereotypically, we like grafters oop 'ere). As I said though, Izzy is by far the most effective when playing centrally and direct. That was in the championship though, and as we're both finding, there is a HUGE difference this season. Defenders this year are much more difficult to break through, and the required quality has shot right up.

So true.

I really like Mooy, easy to say when you lose, but he is just very good.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Like most of team had a poor game. Doesnt help when we have 2 right backs and to be fair to Brown he is not a wide player. Apart from Leicester we have played well away why not keep same formation. Brown didnt play wide for Huddersfield and should replace Gross at home so he can play nearer Murray

Fnd_hudds

That Huddersfield Tosser
Feb 3, 2017
So true.

I really like Mooy, easy to say when you lose, but he is just very good.

He's our metronome. That said, he was a bit off the pace in the first half yesterday, came much more into it in the second though.

Jonny Hogg was our man of the match yesterday. Does all the hard work so that Mooy has time on the ball and absolutely won the battle vs. Stephens et al.

We needed that. We've had a bad run and if we'd rolled over again then we'd only be looking down.

Fwiw, though you lacked sack yesterday I still think you have the fight to stay up. I was in the home end when you went away to West Ham early in the season and that was one of the most solid defensive displays I've seen in ages.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Don't be surprised, the negativity is based on 3 or 4 10 minute cameo appearances at the end of games, so therefore not only is he shitehouse.
He will for ever be shitehouse.

It's the way we roll.
Unless he scores on Wednesday. Then he'll be undroppable. :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have been pondering this for a while....and our friend from up North seems to confirm it.... why not play IB up front with JI? Give GM a rest and bring on TH for IB or JI late on. 4-4-2. March, Kayal, Stevens and Gross in midfield. Give Duffy a rest and play Dunk and Goldson centrally, with Bruno and Bong outside. No Knocky for a range of rasons. Spurs will literally Shit themselves. Possibly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here