Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is something up?!?

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I'm feeling slightly odd this evening, yet it's not about the last two (ahem) performances and results, as I suspected we'd lose both. Yet I have a rather uncomfortable feeling that all is not right within our hitherto 'together' squad.

Chris seems very unsure re his best, or perhaps focussed, team; we've seen March come in like a lion and out like a lamb, Knocky seems ill tempered, Duffy seems to have become rather invisible, and Gross seems to have run himself into the ground. Hemed was outstanding then banned, Murray seemingly chucked his toys out prior to HemedGate, Bong has been caned (I suspect) for his comments to the press re the Colombian hmmmmmmmm

At the centre of this... I have a feeling lies the little South American with the rather large ego. Akin to Elvis with real power, trouble is brewing and I don't need to read some tea leaves to know something truly demonic is undermining the essense of the spirit that guided us just a short while ago...

Anyone else feeling the same, or have I just eaten some dodgy tuna pasta?!? time, as ever, I'm sure will deliver the answer.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
I think it's the tuna pasta.
Now other teams have seen how we play it's far easier for them to nullify and exploit us. Just as one example the goals from corners in the last two games show that. We haven't clicked since before the palace game; stray passes, poor anticipation and a fear in front of goal.

I don't think there is some yet to be identified issue within the squad. More like the issue we already know...we have players of championship quality making a step up, we're in desperate need of a striker and a couple of other signings and we are playing 'big' games week in week out

Because we are not getting the results we think we should get at the moment, we're looking at the players and laying blame Brown, Stephens, Murray etc.

One win and it'll all be roses and happiness again.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Funny you should say that. At least two other people have commented that something seems not to be quite right at the moment. The game today had none of the blood and thunder of the games in Sep/Oct. They don't seem to be as united and as committed for each other. Izzy Brown in particular, I'm inclined to think that he put in less than a 100% performance today (code for: he was crap and didn't look like he was trying) as he was too busy enjoying being with his old mates.

biddles911

May 12, 2014
I'm feeling slightly odd this evening, yet it's not about the last two (ahem) performances and results, as I suspected we'd lose both. Yet I have a rather uncomfortable feeling that all is not right within our hitherto 'together' squad.

Chris seems very unsure re his best, or perhaps focussed, team; we've seen March come in like a lion and out like a lamb, Knocky seems ill tempered, Duffy seems to have become rather invisible, and Gross seems to have run himself into the ground. Hemed was outstanding then banned, Murray seemingly chucked his toys out prior to HemedGate, Bong has been caned (I suspect) for his comments to the press re the Colombian hmmmmmmmm

At the centre of this... I have a feeling lies the little South American with the rather large ego. Akin to Elvis with real power, trouble is brewing and I don't need to read some tea leaves to know something truly demonic is undermining the essense of the spirit that guided us just a short while ago...

Anyone else feeling the same, or have I just eaten some dodgy tuna pasta?!? time, as ever, I'm sure will deliver the answer.

Think you should try drinking your tea rather than just reading the tea leaves! We recently put together a run of 5 games undefeated including two away wins; played really well against Man U and deserved at least a point.

Palace was quite poor, I agree, though local derbies are often unpredictable and Palace do have some good players. Liverpool have one of the best attacks I’ve ever seen though we could have had three ourselves if Murray was on song.

Can’t comment on today though I understand we were pretty dire. Think you’ll find anyone can have an off day, though. I refer you to both Chelsea today and Man. City against West Ham......

I think we’ve probably got just about enough to survive this season though we’re clearly far too reliant on Murray’s goals and need much more pace up front. Think I may have read that on the odd hundred threads here already so I won’t elaborate......!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
The only thing ‘that is up’ is we’ve hit a spot of bad form, it’s going to happen, we are playing in the toughest league in the world.

Some have been fooled into thinking we will be closer to a European place than a relegation battle due to our fantastic start, reality is now kicking in.

We need to stick together, get behind the lads and ensure we come through the other side and to give ourselves every chance.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Said exactly the same to my mate during the game. Wasn’t just the performance (which was woeful I might add) but the body language that went alongside it. The lack of a reaction after the first goal and the manner in which they all trudged back to the half way line was unusual. Still can’t put my finger on it but something wasn’t right today.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I'm certainly a realist when it comes to Brighton's chances and also a fully paid up member of the happy clapper club. I'm genuinely not downhearted with where we are at this stage of the season, in fact I'm loving it. I had a cracking day out today apart from the actual football and will always cheer the lads on. However, I honestly don't think the same level of togetherness is there right at this moment that there was a month ago and I do think it's fair to comment about that.

Perhaps the players are now feeling the pressure a bit more. Hughton did say at the beginning of the season the real test would be when we aren't getting results and it's his job to deal with that. I'm not underestimating the size of that task and trust him completely. But right now, it looks like there's a bit of fine tuning needed.

In Chris we trust.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
It's not exclusive to BHA. Don't you think that 86% of the Real Madrird squad think that Ronaldo's a CJTC, that any single person in the Man City squad can truly stand each other, that Antonio Conte isn't universally loathed by his players? Andy Cole couldn't stand Teddy Sheringham but they won trophies together and I can't stand most of the insipid middle aged red wine drinking Tory dullards on here, Bozza included, but we make the best of it because it's all we've got unless we want to go on Seagulls chat and have pizza evenings lol hun.

(CM disclaimer. This post was fuelled by several pints of Session Ale and I'll be sober in the morning and feel exactly the same.)

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
The only thing ‘that is up’ is we’ve hit a spot of bad form, it’s going to happen, we are playing in the toughest league in the world.

Some have been fooled into thinking we will be closer to a European place than a relegation battle due to our fantastic start, reality is now kicking in.

We need to stick together, get behind the lads and ensure we come through the other side and to give ourselves every chance.

This ! Also look at Spurs , Chelsea , Newcastle all the same

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
It's not exclusive to BHA. Don't you think that 86% of the Real Madrird squad think that Ronaldo's a CJTC, that any single person in the Man City squad can truly stand each other, that Antonio Conte isn't universally loathed by his players? Andy Cole couldn't stand Teddy Sheringham but they won trophies together and I can't stand most of the insipid middle aged red wine drinking Tory dullards on here, Bozza included, but we make the best of it because it's all we've got unless we want to go on Seagulls chat and have pizza evenings lol hun.

(CM disclaimer. This post was fuelled by several pints of Session Ale and I'll be sober in the morning and feel exactly the same.)

Heh heh..

'tis true, you would have been a far better option on the left wing today.

You cardigan wearing, leather arm patch sewing, real ale quaffing yet (rather surprisingly) thoroughly decent AND interesting chap.

;)

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Right; I'm off to continue my quest to become Albion manager...

All I need is two dice, a pencil and an eraser.

The Pyramid of the Money Sphinx.

Page 126: "You come face to face with Spurs... Strength 20 Stamina 26..."

Do you:

Look in your backpack? turn to page 391.

Use the wand the rather fey wizard gave you? Turn to page 3.

Eat some mouldy cheese? Turn to page 16.

Or...

Play Izzy Brown on the wing? Turn to page 13.

errmmmm ****...

Cheese or Izzy, Cheese or Izzy?!?!?

tbc...

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
They just were not up for if today.
Don't think that they were confident of the tactics / team selection. Bizarre inclusion of Schellotto and a few spats / disagreements. Worse was the lack of any fight today

timseagull

Oct 12, 2003
Mile Oak
Said exactly the same to my mate during the game. Wasn’t just the performance (which was woeful I might add) but the body language that went alongside it. The lack of a reaction after the first goal and the manner in which they all trudged back to the half way line was unusual. Still can’t put my finger on it but something wasn’t right today.

I just don't think we like plying up north when it is cold. Today was very similar to the game against pne in Jan. It was artic then, we put out an odd side with the Canadian lad making his only appearance, were woeful missed a last minute penalty......and to top if off the journey home took about 3 days

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Funny you should say that. At least two other people have commented that something seems not to be quite right at the moment. The game today had none of the blood and thunder of the games in Sep/Oct. They don't seem to be as united and as committed for each other. Izzy Brown in particular, I'm inclined to think that he put in less than a 100% performance today (code for: he was crap and didn't look like he was trying) as he was too busy enjoying being with his old mates.

i just don't rate him ......he presents as casual at best but more likely lazy....imho

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.

What have I missed?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here