Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Schelotto

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

A little bit like Tomori when he started with us. Looked very nervous, especially early on, but his contribution grew and eventually he was arguably one of our better attacking threats..

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Good point.

Stephens is woeful at the moment and Propper isn’t much better.

For me they are too similar and I’d give Kayal a go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate to say it but has Stephens actually been that good at any stage this season? A couple of decent games but really I think he's looked pretty ordinary all season. It is all about opinions but I feel Propper has been very good and has had to cover for Stephens a lot.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Throwing a player under the bus and dismissing them after barely playing any Premier league football is what cost Chelsea players like Salah and De Bruyne. So I'm not going to write the guy off just yet, but I will say that I'm yet to see what he offers that makes him a better option at full back than Rosenoir.

There is some pace there, so he could be an attacking threat down the flank, and he does seem to have a good engine, as I didn't detect him tiring despite putting in a strong shift. But technically, I've not seen anything to get excited about yet, only things to worry about.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
My point exactly. And branded an idiot by someone that wasn’t even at the game but doesn’t accept the opinion of those that were!

I shall happily downgrade the 'idiots' to 'many'. Typical post match flash comment, that on reflection is a bit harsh. However I don't get the point of not going. Don't get me wrong I'd loved to and it cost me £90, but hey, at least my mate got to go in my place. Sometimes things at home come first. However I watched it live, all 90 minutes on a stream, so I don't understand how my points are not valid?

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Thought he started off poorly in the first half, but know where near as badly as Huddersfield and grew into the game abit more. His runs in the second half, bombing forward were good and he picked out a great ball for Hemed.

Needs a bit more time to settle before we know if we have a dud or not.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
He was alright. Terrible first touch, though - especially when compared to Bruno.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
A little bit like Tomori when he started with us. Looked very nervous, especially early on, but his contribution grew and eventually he was arguably one of our better attacking threats..

Not sure that's an apt comparison, as Tomori's technique was never in doubt really.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I shall happily downgrade the 'idiots' to 'many'. Typical post match flash comment, that on reflection is a bit harsh. However I don't get the point of not going. Don't get me wrong I'd loved to and it cost me £90, but hey, at least my mate got to go in my place. Sometimes things at home come first. However I watched it live, all 90 minutes on a stream, so I don't understand how my points are not valid?

All points are valid as it’s a discussion forum.

However, watching a stream, is different in my opinion, as you cannot see the whole pitch, so consequently do not see positional things or movement.

You are also very reliant on the camera position and producer.

Just an opinion.....[emoji2]

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
All points are valid as it’s a discussion forum.

However, watching a stream, is different in my opinion, as you cannot see the whole pitch, so consequently do not see positional things or movement.

You are also very reliant on the camera position and producer.

Just an opinion.....[emoji2]

Fair enough, but I would be surprised if, for example, you were just above pitch height behind a goal, if you could see the full picture?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Fair enough, but I would be surprised if, for example, you were just above pitch height behind a goal, if you could see the full picture?

That’s fair comment as well, but personally I haven’t been......... thankfully

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
People said Pröpper was a poor signing. People said Ryan was a poor signing.

Let's give Schelotto a decent crack of the whip before writing him off. Even though I know this is NSC's favourite past-time.

I actually think he's going to come good and be an important player for us. We shall see.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Not sure that's an apt comparison, as Tomori's technique was never in doubt really.

..its not really apt to question the technical ability of a player who has played for Inter Milan, Italian senior squad either. Did he show that technical ability last night, maybe not, but the analogy was about starting nervously, looking shaky and improving.. my view of Tomori when he came on last season and my view of Schelotto's performance last night..

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
i am not passing judgement on him as a signing. i was there last night and he was pretty woeful in the first half and started the second half even worse. BUT he did start to look quite good bombing down the wing with knocky. I presume he was brought in to deal with set pieces - which Bruno seems to struggle with.

Jury out for me.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

He's getting better, he needs minutes. We need to lay off him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here