Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Schelotto

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Yep, another negative post but a deserved one.

Possibly one of the most abject individual performance I’ve seen from a Brighton player in circa 24 years, and given the absolute dross we’ve been served up over the years that is some achievement.

Never mind not looking Premier League standard, he doesn’t even look good enough for League One.

I recall a certain Graeme Souness being conned into signing ‘the next George Weah’ in the mid nineties and I’m starting to seriously think the same fate has befallen Chrissy Hughton.

Rarely does Hughton haul players off at HT (unless injured) and on today’s viewing I’ll be very surprised if we see Schelotto against this season.

Woeful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Surely we need to see him at right back before writing him off?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I thought he was a WB or FB rather than WM so maybe harsh to judge when not in his natural position

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This bears repeating:-

When Dalglish signed Le Saux he told him 'I'm signing you as a left back, if I play you anywhere else that performance is on me, not you'.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
My rugby league loving Kiwi mate, with a only a passing knowledge of football said after 20 mins, “who’s the guy playing 21, he’s shit and plays like I would if I was out there”. Yep, good call.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
He was awful. Him and Krul were VERY strange signings. Rosenior would be a much better option.

If Rosenior saw that performance today he must be incandescent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Claude samdamme

Mar 8, 2014
He was really poor today but got to give him a go in his best position before writing him off

Izzy Brown on the other hand seems to be lazy as a winger, number 9, number 10.....,

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
My rugby league loving Kiwi mate, with a only a passing knowledge of football said after 20 mins, “who’s the guy playing 21, he’s shit and plays like I would if I was out there”. Yep, good call.

Yeah and with a 0% success rate watching our games, your mate is now banned from all future games.

He called Schelotto right though, I'll give him that.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Yeah and with a 0% success rate watching our games, your mate is now banned from all future games.

He called Schelotto right though, I'll give him that.

I do feel partially responsible for the result. I have asked him to find a lucky charm before he can come again. And I’ll warn you the next time he comes so you can to attend or not 🙂

Last edited:

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
I am trying to be charitable but can only think he was only told he'd be playing late on and/or he's never trained to play in front of Bruno like that because it was a pretty poor 45 minutes.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
He is a right back and has looked fine in that position. Will never understand why he played out of position. Should be given a go instead of Bruno

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here