Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Schelotto

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I've been having this discussion on Twitter about the worst ever full debut by a Brighton player. Schelotto today was abject and certainly up there. It's extremely unfair on the bloke though as his first ever game has him playing out of position.

As for worse debuts I'm trying to remember just how bad Robbie Savage's debut for us was. The We Are Brighton guys have come up with Taricco who got sent off...against Woking and Battipiedi against Southampton. Both are extremely good shouts. I think I've had this discussion with mates previously and David Cameron and Nathan Elder's names have come up. I think consideration needs to be given as well to the entire team of loanees (barring El-Abd and Fraser) who played in Slade's first game in charge away at Orient. I know we played very poorly but I was extraordinarily mashed the entire day so memories are hazy.

The full list of players we signed that season

Bradley Johnson
Stuart Fleetwood
Calvin Andrew
Colin Hawkins
Kevin McLeod
David Livermore
Jack Compton
Chris Birchall
Jason Jarrett
Craig Davies
Jim McNulty

Bloody hell that's a depressing trip down memory lane. Anyone remember any of these having a shocker?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I've been having this discussion on Twitter about the worst ever full debut by a Brighton player. Schelotto today was abject and certainly up there. It's extremely unfair on the bloke though as his first ever game has him playing out of position.

As for worse debuts I'm trying to remember just how bad Robbie Savage's debut for us was. The We Are Brighton guys have come up with Taricco who got sent off...against Woking and Battipiedi against Southampton. Both are extremely good shouts. I think I've had this discussion with mates previously and David Cameron and Nathan Elder's names have come up. I think consideration needs to be given as well to the entire team of loanees (barring El-Abd and Fraser) who played in Slade's first game in charge away at Orient. I know we played very poorly but I was extraordinarily mashed the entire day so memories are hazy.

The full list of players we signed that season

Bradley Johnson
Stuart Fleetwood
Calvin Andrew
Colin Hawkins
Kevin McLeod
David Livermore
Jack Compton
Chris Birchall
Jason Jarrett
Craig Davies
Jim McNulty

Bloody hell that's a depressing trip down memory lane. Anyone remember any of these having a shocker?

Christ, there are some awful players in that list!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
To be fair to the lad, who actually did play well today? His first start, played out of position and with no understanding for a Bruno duo. I think he's been used as the scapegoat by many. Still deserves his chance in his natural position.

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
So very very bad.

If you were watching overseas you got to hear the commentators say after 30 minutes that they would be very surprised if he came out for the second half. And even Andy Naylor had a go on twitter at half time.

Would be very surprised if we saw him again this season. Rosenior doesn't look Premier League Ready, but looks three times as good as Schelotto.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
Oh great, we’re back to writing off players after a couple of games again.

Seriously, do people never learn?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Oh great, we’re back to writing off players after a couple of games again.

Seriously, do people never learn?

This.

45 minutes, plus some 5-10 minute cameos.
He was poor, but blimey, give him some full games.

The pace caught him out no doubt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
This.

45 minutes, plus some 5-10 minute cameos.
He was poor, but blimey, give him some full games.

The pace caught him out no doubt.

Completely. He looked awful today but no worse than numerous other players. I thought he looked very good on his debut in the cup match at Plucky and has looked fine in his brief appearances since then. We don't have a big squad - let's not write one of our newer players off after one poor game - especially one where plenty were equally awful.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Completely. He looked awful today but no worse than numerous other players. I thought he looked very good on his debut in the cup match at Plucky and has looked fine in his brief appearances since then. We don't have a big squad - let's not write one of our newer players off after one poor game - especially one where plenty were equally awful.

Yes.
He may have been signed with an eye on the future.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
People seem to have forgotten how long it took our other more established new recruits to get up to speed in this league

Remember how Ryan was written off after a couple of games - yes, he made some howlers, but look at him now. Give Schelotto a chance, he was not the only poor performer yesterday!

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Huddersfield set up to close Knockeart down quickly to take him out of the game and unfortunately for Schelotto he was not Knockeart, but he got what he was going to get which was 3 players on him. Didn't stand a chance really.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

It wasn't his full debut though - he started at Bournemouth in the Carabao Cup.

There were very possibly 4 full debuts that night: Schelotto, Izquierdo, Molumby and Hutchinson.

( [MENTION=1276]AZ Gull[/MENTION] will correct me if I'm wrong there)

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Ryan Harley was rightly written off

I seem to recall Ryan Harley had a blinding debut for us though. The free kick at the Amex?

There were very possibly 4 full debuts that night: Schelotto, Izquierdo, Molumby and Hutchinson.

(@az gull will correct me if I'm wrong there)

Ah...fair enough. Just to add that I think it's unfair to write Schelotto off after that performance because he was played out of position.

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009

( [MENTION=1276]AZ Gull[/MENTION] will correct me if I'm wrong there)

I was there that night, and he was utterly useless then as well.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
He has been fine when replacing Bruno a couple of times near end of game. What evidence is there that says he will not be very good when played right back

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here