Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Schelotto

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Much like the whole side, it was a game of two halves for Schelotto.

Not much went right for him in the first half, but he was solid and provided good support for Knockaert in the second.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Hopefully another to add to the list of NSC prematurely pilloried players.

Yawnsome

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I really thought he was very good against Spuds and has explosive pace on the overlap

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
In all honesty Duffy was total pants in his first 2 or 3 games for us and he turned out OK

Absolutely totally this. Numpty Albion "fans" desperate to put the boot into new players do my head in. There are so many examples of Albion players having shaky starts and turning out fine it's untrue. Even looking back at the start of this season people were writing off Ryan and Propper amongst others when it was obvious it would take some time for then to get up to speed in the PL. The same has happened here - Schelotto has had a bit of a shaky start (although i thought he looked fine at Bournemouth and when he's come on as sub) but surprise surprise grew into the game yesterday as his confidence and PL experience increased. But much more fun to write off a new Albion player - cos that helps.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Thats the spirit everyone :)

God some of you are so so crap at this football analysis thing :lolol:

Not too crash hot at the supporter aspect of the game, either.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Did ok i thought. Couple of dodgy moments but was keener than most to try to drive us forward. Probably just needs a few games to settle the nerves and show what he can do. This thread is largely an embarrassment.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am getting used to finding I have watched a totally different player to half of NSC. I’ll throw my hat in the ring and say he’ll be a good player for us. To make a firm call that a player is shite after less than three full games in 4 months is a new country with a new team is harsh in the extreme. I have seen enough to think he might well become a cult figure, so suck that one up and feel free to bounce the thread after he has played at least 10 games :smile:

I am more worried about the way Stephens has lost confidence, maybe he’ll get a rest now Kayal is back as he set up a few Spurs attacks with his wayward passing and looks a shadow of the player he can be.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
He looked like he had just woken up in the first half.

This sent me to bed chuckling. It's morning, and I'm still chuckling. :lolol:

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Made less stray passes than Stephens who was diabolical last night and caused spurs issues in attack. We knew weren’t getting him for his defending expertise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I have never slated our players But him he's terrible all hair and no flair

Let's give him a chance first? One game out of position and one away against a top five side.. he's had a difficult start but so did Propper - let's not judge too soon.

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
Let's give him a chance first? One game out of position and one away against a top five side.. he's had a difficult start but so did Propper - let's not judge too soon.

Agree with you,feel so sorry for any new players we bring in in January as a lot of idiots here will be moaning about them before they have had time to unpack their suitcases

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Likewise. they got very annoyed with Ryan time wasting. Thought Solly did alright. And Laughed at our woeful attempts to attack, most damning comment from behind me was “Christ, this is the PL and Brighton are playing like Serie A early 90s. They’re just so DULL,” (which was hard to argue with in fairness!)

Though of course they were brilliant - not.
Ordinary nothing team, who controlled possession and created little.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He set up our only chance, nicely.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I am more worried about the way Stephens has lost confidence, maybe he’ll get a rest now Kayal is back as he set up a few Spurs attacks with his wayward passing and looks a shadow of the player he can be.

Good point.

Stephens is woeful at the moment and Propper isn’t much better.

For me they are too similar and I’d give Kayal a go.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Whilst he’ll never be Bruno, i thought Schelotto did okay, not outstanding, but certainly not as bad as some are making out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here