Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Schelotto

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
All points are valid as it’s a discussion forum.

However, watching a stream, is different in my opinion, as you cannot see the whole pitch, so consequently do not see positional things or movement.

You are also very reliant on the camera position and producer.

Just an opinion.....[emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is true, can only see what is on screen. I bounced this thread last night from the weekend as from what was shown on screen Schelotto kept giving the ball away, was often out of position and was beaten too many times by Rose and Lamela.

MarioOrlandi

Jun 4, 2013
A lot of posts so far on this thread, and no-one has posted what I thought was the obvious reason he was picked on the right wing on Saturday. I reckon CH wants Schelotto to take over from Bruno in the new year, and is giving him game-time to get up to speed with the premier league.

Maybe its just me, but Bruno has been weak for a while now, and his time is nigh, but its risky just to put Schelotto straight in at right-back - because as we saw on Saturday - as we see time and time again - it takes several games to settle into this league.
That was my impression for him to replace Bruno, I love our Spanish right back but he is now being found out time and again. Tom Ince gave him the run around on Saturday.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
He was poor in the first half and looked a tad nervous. Got a lot better in the second half tho as was one of the better attacking players. Way too early too right him off.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
First time I've seen him play that much in one game. Same us other, though he struggled at first last night, but then improved.

Thought he linked up well with Knockaert in the 2nd half.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I thought, after a shaky start, he had quite a good game as he gained some confidence. What do I know :shrug:

I agree with you. I hadn't read this thread before because I knew it would be tearing him to shreds. I'm not surprised at the posts nor the posters, who find something to moan about in every player after a couple of losses.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The problem that he faces is that he is replacing a fans favourite so he will need to be extra good to get any praise from most on here. Obviously CH was happy with his performance as he would have brought Bruno if he was dissatisfied. with it.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I thought he was awesome, looked miles better than Suttner on the other side. Starts next game for me.

Sea Cider

Dec 27, 2012
Bizarre mom decision for me. Stood off his man several times in the first half and looked like bambi on ice going forward. 6/10

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Bruno is starting to become a liability when we defend (or not) corners. Yet again he failed to head the ball away and we conceded. Yes, Propper was at fault but if Bruno heads the ball correctly it's not an issue.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Excellent today, He's not as good with ball at his feet as Bruno, no doubt about that - but he's quicker, stronger, much better in the air - and as a defender in the premier league I think those are the more important qualities. Shame we lost his strength and aerial prowess at the end, I don't think we'd have conceded that second if he was in the mix. Good game, I like him.

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
Funny to see such varying opinions. I groaned when I saw him in the lineup but thought he had a fantastic game and his performance grew in stature as the match went on. Very very promising and no argument from me in the MOM decision albeit think it could have gone to any one of three.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here