Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Schelotto

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
He had a go9d game, nothing more. And about time. Stand by my assessment of him in the previous games. Hopefully he comes good though

As I said mate, no problem, but I would like to see more here admit they were wrong, the lad was played sparingly or out of position and everyone went off on one. I think he'll be good, and if he isn't I will be roasted.

Made a point of watching Schelotto today and was impressed,when did we sign him and from who?

Yeah I just oogled it and he came from Withdean Wanderers, div 5 of the West Sussex League. I think some people in the Amex know of him :wink:

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I was quite pleased to see him start today. Have to hold my hands up after the Spurs away game, I was mortified when I saw he was in place against Chelsea, but I thought he had a good game and a massive improvement, in a difficult game. Pleased to see the improvement continued today. Very very chuffed to be wrong about him. Eventually Bruno will have to retire so we will need a capable left back. Let hope he gains confidence from two great performances.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I have nothing against the criticism from anyone, I would just like people to say they got it wrong, we all have at some time.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Pleased to have started today's Schelotto rebellion. I'd also like to flag up our amazing keeper. 'Tiny, fat and shit'. :lolol:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I was quite pleased to see him start today. Have to hold my hands up after the Spurs away game, I was mortified when I saw he was in place against Chelsea, but I thought he had a good game and a massive improvement, in a difficult game. Pleased to see the improvement continued today. Very very chuffed to be wrong about him. Eventually Bruno will have to retire so we will need a capable left back. Let hope he gains confidence from two great performances.

So you don't rate Bong or Suttner?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The only thing I don't like about Schelotto is that I can do a reasonable impression of Bruno given a few weeks notice. I can see me struggling a little more with Schelotto

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
ES brought an energetic chaos that brought to mind an old favourite:

peterborough-nov-19a.jpg

Difficult to tackle as not even he is sure where his legs are. He did very well in the air on a couple of their corners. It's a shame he had to come off as he was giving them nothing in the second half and may have been the difference on the corner that they equalised from. It was good to see AK give him a big hug. He seemed really pleased that he'd made his mark.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I’m sorry but sticking with my opinion that in the FIRST half he was shocking - and his technique IS pretty horrible. He played well second half. I’ll give you that. Even then - as with the Peter Smith comment above - he never looked in full control of his legs.

Quite a lot of people near us laughed incredulously when he was given MOTM, I also got separate texts from 2 different mates in other parts of the ground at half time, saying similar about him. I felt sorry for him at points, he looked VERY low on confidence.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I’m sorry but sticking with my opinion that in the FIRST half he was shocking - and his technique IS pretty horrible. He played well second half. I’ll give you that. Even then - as with the Peter Smith comment above - he never looked in full control of his legs.

Quite a lot of people near us laughed incredulously when he was given MOTM, I also got separate texts from 2 different mates in other parts of the ground at half time, saying similar about him. I felt sorry for him at points, he looked VERY low on confidence.

Probably because he reads NSC !

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014

I don’t know where you sitt, but you’d have heard me laughing if you’re in the North Stand. Me and at least 20 others around me.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I don’t know where you sitt, but you’d have heard me laughing if you’re in the North Stand. Me and at least 20 others around me.

WSL - but yes could hear a bemused reaction around the ground. Clearly plenty thought that it was ridiculous. Can’t believe how positive people are on here about his performance. That first half was one of the worst I’ve seen in the Amex era. Stephens had to play right back for a few minutes, we were absolutely carrying him at points.

To prove I’m not just a moaner - I thought some of our attacking play today was excellent, some of the best we’ve seen this season. Knocky, Gross, Murray and Izquierdo all linked up really well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here