Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Schelotto

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes, it's shocking how our pathetic and inept recruitment team were fooled into thinking he was a player who could help us get to 15th.place in our first season in the PL. TB needs to sack the lot of them before the summer transfer window slams open and they rush round Europe spending £millions on players we've never heard of - not that they'll start looking until a few days before the window slams shut again anyway. We all know that.
What we need is recruitment professionals with PL experience, who know this league, and have been there, seen it, done. There must be a few such at, say, Stoke and West Brom.who won't want to work in the Championship that we could possibly prise away with a good money offer? Come on Tony - get yer wallet out, you know it makes sense..................

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yes, it's shocking how our pathetic and inept recruitment team were fooled into thinking he was a player who could help us get to 15th.place in our first season in the PL. TB needs to sack the lot of them before the summer transfer window slams open and they rush round Europe spending £millions on players we've never heard of - not that they'll start looking until a few days before the window slams shut again anyway. We all know that.
What we need is recruitment professionals with PL experience, who know this league, and have been there, seen it, done. There must be a few such at, say, Stoke and West Brom.who won't want to work in the Championship that we could possibly prise away with a good money offer? Come on Tony - get yer wallet out, you know it makes sense..................

I know you’re being sarcastic but it’s kind of sad that we seem to have many fans who are now behaving like entitled Premier League fans....after one fantastic season in the Premier League :down:

I wonder if survival will be enough for them next season, shades of Charlton under Curbishley when they “only” managed to get to sixth and needed to kick on by suggesting he’d taken them as far as he could. How long before we get the same about CH?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
A few will remember that in 1980 we ended up fairly comfortably safe but then struggled in the second season and had to win the last four games to stay up. So it's not about feeling entitled but worried about survival again and wanting to feel that that right side is secure if Bruno can't play as many games. 17th next season will be perfectly acceptable. Anything more is gravy.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

What a completely stupid post, if you don't understand the context of healthy debate about the perceived strengths and weaknesses of players then why waste your time with this drivel?

I know you’re being sarcastic but it’s kind of sad that we seem to have many fans who are now behaving like entitled Premier League fans....after one fantastic season in the Premier League :down:

I wonder if survival will be enough for them next season, shades of Charlton under Curbishley when they “only” managed to get to sixth and needed to kick on by suggesting he’d taken them as far as he could. How long before we get the same about CH?

As I had just posted about my view on the (considerable) shortcomings of one player then perhaps you are including me as 'one of the many fans' (which by the way I've seen virtually no evidence of)

Just to clarify then, staying up for the next few years will be more than enough for me and will mean that CH has more than delivered against my expectations. The team/squad has done brilliantly this year but I doubt anyone disagree there will be strengthening needed just to maintain the status quo. Therefore it follows that some players will need to go. You might disagree, which is fair enough but I think Schelotto just isn't good enough and we need better. Bruno is; but no matter how fit he is I doubt he has 38+ games in him

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Just not a full back. Right sided midfielder?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
The bottom line is that we need two new full backs, on e for the left and one for the right, end of.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I got slated yesterday by a guy in front of me when I was having a rant about Schelotto’s lack of effort yesterday and I’m usually not one to really get on a players back unless there’s nothing going into a performance which we saw yesterday.

I would agree that he looks way off the pace and he has done since Arsenal so he has deserved his place on the bench. His performance yesterday and against Palace away however, were extremely poor and will not enamour him to the fans.

He needs to buckle up and work a lot harder next year in key games.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I’ll go along with the need for two decent full backs. Currently our crop need too much support from our wingers, leaving them less effective. As an attacking force, our wingers are OK. If we have any chance of scoring more goals we need to get them into the opposition’s half a lot more and create something from the wings.

Tweeting Seagull

Mar 27, 2018
I’ll go along with the need for two decent full backs. Currently our crop need too much support from our wingers, leaving them less effective. As an attacking force, our wingers are OK. If we have any chance of scoring more goals we need to get them into the opposition’s half a lot more and create something from the wings.

When you consider we’ve only kept a clean sheet with Bruno in the side this year it really underlined the reliance on him and the need to strengthen there.

That said I think we have to accept however good a left or right back you have, if we’re playing a top 7 or 8 side, most of the play will be in our half regardless and therefore I disagree with the criticism of Bong generally. A few errors aside been good for us this year. The type of fb we’ve needed at times to give us some solidity and balance.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i think we were crap to a man v liverpool and i think the crap rubs off on everyone in the team .....only players to come out with any credit at all are Ryan ,Dunk , Stephens & Propper.....possibly Kayal.......the rest were put to shame by a very good team

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Who’s going to apologise to [MENTION=12101]Mellotron[/MENTION] first then? ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huh? I haven’t been keeping up. I was wrong about him as a player in some ways, but not in others. He’s still got horrendously bizarre technique but can be pretty effective with it if the the game suits and he’s in form.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
There's a reason he's very rarely a regular at every club he goes to. He was so abysmal yesterday I would not trust him to ever play rb again. Too old now to be coached into a good player.

Might be worth using as a right winger occasionally if we can't get rid

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I think he's a lovely man but Schelloto is just not up to it in the Prem in my humble opinion.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
New fullbacks and strikers were mentioned repeatedly in the hoped-for player posts last year (Easter to 31st August 2017).

And so those issues came to be.

Luckily for us, veteran Murray rarely got injured and came up with the goals that played a massive part in our survival.

I really hope the club have plans to address deficiencies at RB, LB and striking in the coming weeks, with real quality. Please don't sign Ulloa ... he's not earned a PL contract.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
i think we were crap to a man v liverpool and i think the crap rubs off on everyone in the team .....only players to come out with any credit at all are Ryan ,Dunk , Stephens & Propper.....possibly Kayal.......the rest were put to shame by a very good team

Think you're being generous to Propper and Kayal, though they were as bad as the rest. Felt Knockaert did okay, but he was having to play right back as well at times.....

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Think you're being generous to Propper and Kayal, though they were as bad as the rest. Felt Knockaert did okay, but he was having to play right back as well at times.....

This. Didn't notice anything effective from either Propper or Kayal in attack or defence. But up against opponents on the day who were playing at different level, with pace in abundance, so harsh to judge.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
This. Didn't notice anything effective from either Propper or Kayal in attack or defence. But up against opponents on the day who were playing at different level, with pace in abundance, so harsh to judge.

Yes, as others have said, they could have probably done with being swapped about. I did think that Propper was ball watching with Solly a bit on their second goal, but all small details really, against a very good team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here