Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Schelotto

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Sadly the whole team were already looking forward to their summer holiday.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes, as others have said, they could have probably done with being swapped about. I did think that Propper was ball watching with Solly a bit on their second goal, but all small details really, against a very good team.

Don't you think they were all simply overwhelmed by the superior pace of the opposition in mind and body? We were simply one of several teams to endure that this season at Anfield/Etihad.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
With LR now gone,then Schelotto, might take his place in the squad in the full back /wing back type roll......But not 1st pick.( That may not suit him ! )

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Don't you think they were all simply overwhelmed by the superior pace of the opposition in mind and body? We were simply one of several teams to endure that this season at Anfield/Etihad.

Solly probably, not sure international players have that as an excuse. The second goal though, in any footballing situation was poor, just a free header.

But the pace and movement of Liverpool and City is magnificent, and really its that type of movement that normally also finds out Dunk and Duffy (see Chelsea (H) as well).

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
With LR now gone,then Schelotto, might take his place in the squad in the full back /wing back type roll......But not 1st pick.( That may not suit him ! )

I hope we sign another and he is then a third choice. I don't mean that in a sarcastic way, just that Bruno is getting on and remains a better player IMO, and we could probably do with someone who can defend to the same level.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Bloody he'll people. He is a decent right back. Bruno is better, but he is decent. What do you want!? If we find better at a price we can afford, we will probably get them in. Otherwise schellotto is fine.

Not sure he is decent. He has played a few blinders and been completely embarrassed a few times. We need consistency at this level

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I wouldn't say he has been embarresed! He has made a few mistakes and is not as consistent as Bruno (most players are not). If he were embarrassed at this level he would be being skinned time and time again, misplacing passes constantly and having the ball stollen off of him all the time.
He is decent. His performances over the season are decent. He is not great, he is not bad.

Fair enough. You may be right, the game is all about opinions. If Chris keeps him for next season Schelotto will have my full support

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I wouldn't say he has been embarresed! He has made a few mistakes and is not as consistent as Bruno (most players are not). If he were embarrassed at this level he would be being skinned time and time again, misplacing passes constantly and having the ball stollen off of him all the time.
He is decent. His performances over the season are decent. He is not great, he is not bad.

Wouldn't happen in Germany.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Sorry but he really isn’t IMO, whilst it can’t be denied he is good going forward, defensively he is poor.

Yesterday he was embarrassed, as he was against Palace. There have been other games as well, Southampton away, Solly ended up covering a lot of the game. Everton away, allowed a very one footed player on to his stronger foot.

Twice yesterday he tried to step up to play offside, that is rank bad defending in any situation, especially as he was nowhere near getting it right.

I think a marauding wing back is his future in our team, but how often will we set up like that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Sorry but he really isn’t IMO, whilst it can’t be denied he is good going forward, defensively he is poor.

Yesterday he was embarrassed, as he was against Palace. There have been other games as well, Southampton away, Solly ended up covering a lot of the game. Everton away, allowed a very one footed player on to his stronger foot.

Twice yesterday he tried to step up to play offside, that is rank bad defending in any situation, especially as he was nowhere near getting it right.

I think a marauding wing back is his future in our team, but how often will we set up like that?

There is no disputing he struggled at Palace and Liverpool, but I was at Southampton and got to say I thought March had a poor game too, and I found it hard to distinguish between the pair of them or was being the least effective.

There were also key games at home where I thought Schelotto was excellent, the difference to whether we could put pressure on or not because with his pace he can get back so quick. Seem to recall our home wins to Swansea, West Ham and Arsenal (before he got assaulted) he'd been very good, both offensively and defensively.

Will be interesting to see if he can quickly adjust his defensive game to the demands of this league, or whether you are right. For a while though, I absolutely loved him.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
This. Didn't notice anything effective from either Propper or Kayal in attack or defence. But up against opponents on the day who were playing at different level, with pace in abundance, so harsh to judge.

exactly.....panning schellotto is all well and good but he was trying to deal with mane and the brazilian which spellcheck refuses to let me name for most of the game . a very bad day at the office and after getting spanked at home by them I'm sure the lads were almost resigned to getting thrashed

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Schelotto has been excellent. I didn't see yesterday's game, so my view isn't as coloured as others by one game at Liverpool where we got hammered. There's more to come from him, has rapidly become one of my favourite players and certainly a better athlete than Bruno at this stage of their careers, doesn't have the exquisite ball control of Bruno but his pace, strength and aerial ability make him a better defender right now

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here