Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockhaert

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
Not sure if it's the same at the Albion but I heard some clubs require players to log their sleep.

It's part of the training / medical regimes along with meal plans and all that to make sure they're in top condition physically and mentally.

Could be how the club know what he was up to at 6am.

I know this is certainly something they do with the development squad, each player has an app which they have to input feedback on their nights sleep, the quality of it etc daily so the performance and strength and conditioning teams can monitor energy levels and workloads.

Not heard concrete info on whether this occurs with the first team also, but I'd assume it's a policy/process that runs throughout the club.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I know this is certainly something they do with the development squad, each player has an app which they have to input feedback on their nights sleep, the quality of it etc daily so the performance and strength and conditioning teams can monitor energy levels and workloads.

Not heard concrete info on whether this occurs with the first team also, but I'd assume it's a policy/process that runs throughout the club.

Standard sports analytics these days. Would be very surprised if they don’t do this.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I suspect Knockaert has several personal problems at home.

If ever a lad needed some proper counselling he is it. Was very surprised when he suggested a couple of months ago he hadn’t had any.

He needs to get help.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I just figured he was being rested for Wednesday, he works so hard when he plays, chases down everything, resting him instead of playing him twice in four days seemed sensible to me when we have other options, I would have started March though.

We desperately need a pacey striker who can turn defenses, not just to get us goals but to take the pressure off the rest of the team in deep areas and move us up the pitch.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
I'm another who thinks he's done okay this season. But all the while the team are so cautious it will be impossible for him or any wide player to reach the heights they are capable of.
accepting it was a disciplinary matter yesterday I can't understand why march wasn't selected. we surrendered the initiative before the game started.
on a personal note I hope Anthony gets the help he clearly needs to get through this difficult time since he is obviously still suffering.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
He needs to stop sulking and getting frustrated :)

I said this a few weeks ago - his attitude does not always look the best on the pitch which is a shame as he should be one of the better players in your squad (unless he really is not up to PL standard but I think he should be there or there abouts)

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Sorry if posted else where, I heard from someone at the game today that Knocky had come in at 6am and was being disciplined by the club which is why he wasn't in the match day squad. Is there any truth in this, does anybody know any more details or is this just a made up story.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
. All fullbacks have had the better of him Only interested in cutting back and crossing. Very rarely gets in box now or going on outside. Hopefully will come good but at moment looks a poor mans Mahrez. However would play him every game as he is still our best attacker.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Knocky, whilst not reaching the levels we hoped, has been a big part of our season. He is tidy, defends well and is one of the very few players we have who can use the ball when pressured.

Which makes the 'tactical decision' to drop him a nonsense!

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Finish this sentence. Reporter asks question.
Chris Hughton, "Yes we didn't play Anthony today because....

...I thought the travelling fans would appreciate seeing the greyhound play out of position, while last year's player of the season is rested for a game where we really needed to attack and at least get a draw."

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here