Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockhaert

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Whilst I'm under the opinion that Neilbard is clearly a wind-up, I have to agree with him on this one.

So far AK has struggled massively with the step up, and on evidence so far is not quite a PL player. The stats back this up too; same amount of goals & assists as March in 200 minutes more, and less goals (although more assists) than Izzy. I'm not saying he can't make the step up, but it's very naive to say he's managed it yet.

Simple question. Would you rather he be in the team, or not?

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
I thought over the last two or three games Knockaert really seemed to be coming good. But that's just my own observations - and what would I know?

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Not sure if it's the same at the Albion but I heard some clubs require players to log their sleep.

It's part of the training / medical regimes along with meal plans and all that to make sure they're in top condition physically and mentally.

Could be how the club know what he was up to at 6am.

Unless, of course , he came rolling in drunk, knocking over plant pots, trying to grope the receptionist, and singing La Marseillaise at the top of his voice.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Unless, of course , he came rolling in drunk, knocking over plant pots, trying to grope the receptionist, and singing La Marseillaise at the top of his voice.

We've all done it.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
First half with Shelotto was like playing with ten men. Unless AK was arrested he should have been out there.

Why if the suggestions of breach of club rules is true. Standards must be maintained for the benefit of the whole group. Overlooking such breaches only leads to a squad who are happy to take the money and results get worse.

Just a reaction of dropping the player from the matchday squad hopefully will be enough for the player to understand that they need to adhere to the rules if they want to continue to play for the 1st team

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's good to have you back. I missed you when things were going well.

A couple of other loyal 'fans' will be crawling out of the wood very soon.
Gotta love the 'oh I lost my laptop' brigade.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Scholetto’s selection ahead of him was bizarre.

Yes, I was there today and he didn't have the best game. I was gutted when I realised that Knockaert wasn't selected. Appreciate that the club are trying to act in a "professional" way, but wouldn't it be better to just be honest. Dropping Knockaert for "tactical" reasons is a complete blag. Not sure what would be the best one liner, but saying we dropped Knockaert for Scholetto for tactical reasons is a ridiculous sentence.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
If true would rather his punishment was missing Wednesday as in winnable games at this level we cannot afford to be without our most creative players

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Finish this sentence. Reporter asks question.
Chris Hughton, "Yes we didn't play Anthony today because....

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Putting your :catfight: to one side, do you think AK's played well this season?

Immense over the last two seasons at a marked lower level, the games just seem to be passing him by. It's hard to recall AK getting any joy directly leading to goals.

Knockaert has been great the last few games I've seen. I think the standard of defenders is better which obviously hinders any player. But anyhow, how on earth could he be expected to have the same influence when generally we are defending most of the time and the opportunities for attacks are much reduced? The whole team is attacking less and defending more.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Putting your :catfight: to one side, do you think AK's played well this season?

Immense over the last two seasons at a marked lower level, the games just seem to be passing him by. It's hard to recall AK getting any joy directly leading to goals.
Swansea away. Everton home. Hit the post against Watford. He's easily one of our better performers.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Knockaert has been great the last few games I've seen. I think the standard of defenders is better which obviously hinders any player. But anyhow, how on earth could he be expected to have the same influence when generally we are defending most of the time and the opportunities for attacks are much reduced? The whole team is attacking less and defending more.
Exactly. Most of his energy is spent supporting a 37 year old full back. He's done ok going forward but to suggest he's not up to it going forward is unfair imo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here