Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 6 hours of football . . no goals from open play 😟

4 games, 6 hours - no goals from open play. Some players now getting tired, others who have not played not up to speed. And our post transfer window fears that our strikers may not be up to it, particularly as perhaps less chances being created, now coming home to roost?

I suggest a little stir of the pot may be required but who and when? Do we sacrifice certain players to give others game time against Spurs? I’m not knocking Propper or Stephens but perhaps give Kayal a run out? Start with Solly? Hemed or Baldock up front?

I think we do need to use more of the squad. Thoughts ?:xmas::xmas::xmas::xmas:

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
playing the way we do, were not likely to score many imo.

1 up front, no wingers, no pace, no outlet.......do I need to carry on?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I thought Tomer was finding his feet, until he found matey leg, and would have been back by now.
Murray fluked his goals and clearly his luck ran out a little while ago.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
It's a bit of a worry - but slightly less concerning when it's taken into account that two of those games were against a couple of the strongest teams in Europe right now. Still need to make more of our games against the likes of Palace and Huddersfield.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I thought Tomer was finding his feet, until he found matey leg, and would have been back by now.

agree. We have done well in the PL so far and January is just round the corner. a chance to buy some much needed quality and perhaps get players playing in their natural positions ie Propper in the 10 role....

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
Solly March was our best player by some distance the first 6-8 games, then we left him out inexplicably? He hasn't been the same player since, and coming on for 15 mins cameos isn't helping!

Last edited:

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
It's a bit of a worry - but slightly less concerning when it's taken into account that two of those games were against a couple of the strongest teams in Europe right now. Still need to make more of our games against the likes of Palace and Huddersfield.

games against those in and around you are the cup finals you have to perform in. The top 6 games are novelty games where if you don't get hammered, its a result.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Solly March was our best player by some distance the first 6-8 games, then we left him out inexplicably? He hasn't been the same players since, and coming on for 15 mins cameos isn't helping!

Better than the assist and goal machine that is Gross?
Not to mention the twin towers at the back.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Solly March was our best player by some distance the first 6-8 games, then we left him out inexplicably? He hasn't been the same players since, and coming on for 15 mins cameos isn't helping!

good post - doesn't make sense does it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The second the window slammed shut with no striker signed thread titles like this were inevitable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Some posters on here even started threads arguing that we didn't need to sign a striker after all.

Other posters are now saying it's showing, for me it's been showing since the season began.

- We couldn't score against 10 man Watford who we were matching 11v11.
- We couldn't see out a game vs the worst Everton side I can remember, in poor form and the poorest side I've seen at the Amex this season.
- We couldn't finish off a beaten Bournemouth side and let them get back into it, they looked like they wanted to go home at one down, they would have been dead and buried at two.

Even against Swansea it showed, who were the worst side I think i've seen this season and the last.

Woeful team selection aside, the honeymoon is over and we are reaping our failings in the summer window. December always looked ominous, we just need to finish the year on a points total that gives us a fighting chance at bringing in some decent targets in January so we can compete for the remainder of the season. That was always the target before we got carried away.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Not sure about flukes, but Hemed should have started the last two games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here