Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 6 hours of football . . no goals from open play 😟

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not sure about flukes, but Hemed should have started the last two games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heading off the wrong side of his head, and the worst scoring penalty in history v West Ham.
Deflected header v Southampton.
Knee'd it in v Swansea.
A better penalty v Liverpool.

In the meantime he's missed every single actual 'strikers' chance that's come his way.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I don't think anything is going to make too much difference against Tottenham.

in my view thats exactly the point, we should use the Spurs game to get 2-3 players match fit while resting a few others so we have more options for Burnley/Watford/Newcastle/Bournmouth.

its great to keep the same first team when playing well. now they are not, so its time for the bench to step in. if we dont do it now, when will we?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Heading off the wrong side of his head, and the worst scoring penalty in history v West Ham.
Deflected header v Southampton.
Knee'd it in v Swansea.
A better penalty v Liverpool.

In the meantime he's missed every single actual 'strikers' chance that's come his way.

Thought you were better than that.

Penalties don’t count then?

I would argue the header was a minor deflection and the ball barely deviated, the Swansea one, the cross was so good the ball only had to hit him.....

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
in my view thats exactly the point, we should use the Spurs game to get 2-3 players match fit while resting a few others so we have more options for Burnley/Watford/Newcastle/Bournmouth.

its great to keep the same first team when playing well. now they are not, so its time for the bench to step in. if we dont do it now, when will we?

80min onwards......we don't make subs before then.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Thought you were better than that.

Penalties don’t count then?

I would argue the header was a minor deflection and the ball barely deviated, the Swansea one, the cross was so good the ball only had to hit him.....

The point I'm making is with the exception of the Liverpool penalty GM has looked far from convincing in front of goal.
He's been lucky, yes, he's good enough to make his own lucky, which is fantastic, but when he's not lucky he's just an off-side machine.

As said Tomer should be back in the team, but even then, and as a huge fan of the fella, I'm not convinced anything would be much different.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
As said Tomer should be back in the team, but even then, and as a huge fan of the fella, I'm not convinced anything would be much different.

I think we agree on that.

For me, this season Hemed looks more mobile than Murray.

Murray has had a good run, but now it’s time to give him a rest. The offsides bugged the life out of me yesterday, it just bloody lazy.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think we agree on that.

For me, this season Hemed looks more mobile than Murray.

Murray has had a good run, but now it’s time to give him a rest. The offsides bugged the life out of me yesterday, it just bloody lazy.

I don't see it as lazy just the realisation that he needs every inch and more to get just half a chance.
These aren't Championship defenders, which is why I'm not holding out much more hope for Tomer.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Solly March was our best player by some distance the first 6-8 games, then we left him out inexplicably? He hasn't been the same player since, and coming on for 15 mins cameos isn't helping!

Can’t quite agree he was our best player by some distance for the first 6-8 games .....but definitely puzzled with the lack of game time since

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I don't see it as lazy just the realisation that he needs every inch and more to get just half a chance.
These aren't Championship defenders, which is why I'm not holding out much more hope for Tomer.

Yesterday they pretty much were Championship defenders, which is what was so dispiriting.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
And toothless performances/results such as against Hudd were made certain.

Goals keep teams up.

Yep, see Boro last year. Setting out against a team on a losing run of 4, with no expectation/strategy/selection of trying to win the game is very concerning. We had several decent chances against Man Utd and Liverpool playing with wingers, and we set up against one of the weakest sides in the league without any, allowing them to press us, as we know they would, without any prospect of having a decent counter attacking outlet. Totally baffling from CH

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here