Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A fair assessment

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
He may not have directly been at fault for one of the goals today but let’s face it, should have been more than 2-0. He was constantly getting torn a new one due to the pace of Ince/Kachunga.
Bruno is fantastic at reading the play, and technically the best right back I have seen play for Brighton, and both of these worked wonders in the championship which is why he was very very good for us. But the raw pace of players in the premier league and this isn’t just Bruno, if you watch any West Ham game zabaleta has the same problems they just can’t cope. If Huddersfield were more clinical the amount of times they got down the left it could have been more embarrasing than it was.
The solution is a tough one, as I don’t think Rosenior has the ability to play in the prem and Bruno is such a prominent part of our team, maybe Schelotto to fill in and given a go?

the best right back I have seen play for Brighton, ...how many right backs have you seen play for Brighton ? I can go back over 50 years, you ?

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
The solution is a tough one, as I don’t think Rosenior has the ability to play in the prem and Bruno is such a prominent part of our team, maybe Schelotto to fill in and given a go?

I have to say given the 45 minutes I saw of him today, that's a big no from me!!

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Hughton has said in the press that he and the players must all take the blame. So he’s admitted he got it wrong today. I’m as disappointed as anyone but time to regroup and stick together. Baring in mind the squad and budget we have, I still think overall we’re doing ok but we need to go again!

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Hughton has said in the press that he and the players must all take the blame. So he’s admitted he got it wrong today. I’m as disappointed as anyone but time to regroup and stick together. Baring in mind the squad and budget we have, I still think overall we’re doing ok but we need to go again!

Everyone makes mistakes , let’s hope that we learn from our mistakes from the last 2 games

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
I’m fully behind Hughton but today I think the lineup he put out was a joke . When we have Glenn Murray upfront (who is only good from crosses as he can’t stay onside for a through ball) You have to play wingers. And without them he goes missing. I wanted brown to do well for us I thought he was good against Liverpool but today he walked around the pitch and looked like he couldn’t give less of a s***.
As much as I love Bruno, I hate to say it but he really is becoming a liability at the back, same for zabaleta At West Ham. Slow full backs just don’t do well in the prem, He got caught out too many times today.
Suttner was awful today,he couldn’t attack or defend and I think that’s why Bong is favoured over him as at least he has the pace to mop up his mistakes.
Gross was bypassed again and was very ineffective in the middle of the park.
I’m starting to think we’re been caught out and teams know how to beat us, I hope that things turn around quickly but looking at the fixtures I think we will be in or very close to the drop by the end of December.

The only thing I would disagree with would be about Gross. Huddersfield done a job on him today doubling up or sometimes trebling up on him, basically taking him out of the game. As for "finding us out" it's the oppositions job to stop us from playing our passing game and that's what has been happening. Perhaps a little 'Plan B' now and again wouldn't go amiss.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
What a c**t, Izz his heart really in it?
Izzy brown is just the latest in a long line of shit disinterested loanee's. He's shown there's a decent footballer in there but he's too bone fvcking idle to put the required effort in.Fvck him off back to Chelsea and get someone that wants to play for the club in.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011

this "regroup" & "together" cr@p.

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
No pace at all in the team, midfield is shocking , what has happened to our defence? Huddersfield could of scored 4 or 5. And please please send Brown back to Chelsea the lazy disinterested player that he is. Let’s hope for 9 points before end of month , home wins against Burnley and Watford and away at Newcastle .

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
We were dreadful today, outplayed and out passioned by Hudds. But I thought Bruno played well, and Sutner was strong other than a couple of stray passes which reflected a team on the back foot. Murray needs a break, not looking confident.

theboybilly

We were dreadful today, outplayed and out passioned by Hudds. But I thought Bruno played well, and Sutner was strong other than a couple of stray passes which reflected a team on the back foot. Murray needs a break, not looking confident.

I'm sorry mate but you're wrong. It pains me to say that Bruno was poor today (especially in the second half where we were all over the place) Suttner was getting a firm telling off from Murray as he doesn't seem to have got what is required into his head. Those two being so off the pace today put so much more pressure on the rest of the team especially Dunk and Duffy who seemed totally unsure which Huddersfield attacker to mark (or not)

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I'm sorry mate but you're wrong. It pains me to say that Bruno was poor today (especially in the second half where we were all over the place) Suttner was getting a firm telling off from Murray as he doesn't seem to have got what is required into his head. Those two being so off the pace today put so much more pressure on the rest of the team especially Dunk and Duffy who seemed totally unsure which Huddersfield attacker to mark (or not)

Bruno had zero support in front of him but still managed to cope. Suttner was fine, as strong as anyone out there which isn’t a great compliment. Murray is right to push others hard, they all should do that, but he had another really poor game and perhaps was getting frustrated at his own performance. He needs a rest.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He may not have directly been at fault for one of the goals today but let’s face it, should have been more than 2-0. He was constantly getting torn a new one due to the pace of Ince/Kachunga.

Bruno is fantastic at reading the play, and technically the best right back I have seen play for Brighton, and both of these worked wonders in the championship which is why he was very very good for us. But the raw pace of players in the premier league and this isn’t just Bruno, if you watch any West Ham game zabaleta has the same problems they just can’t cope. If Huddersfield were more clinical the amount of times they got down the left it could have been more embarrasing than it was.

Don’t agree at all, I would say along with Dunk and Duffy he has been our most consistent player.

He didn’t play well vs Liverpool, but was no worse than anyone else today. Schelotto offered no support and I think was totally caught out by the pace of the game.

March came on and didn’t track back once from what I saw.

I think you’re being harsh and at this point would be very concerned with anyone else who came in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Defence hasn't been our downfall. Brighton in department attacking lack quality, pace, unable to beat full backs and creativity.

TB better have the nameS lined up and the cheque book out at the very beginning of January, othewise his PL dream will fade over those last few hard fixtures.

It has been in the last two games, Dunk was poor today, asleep on the first, chased the ball and lost our shape on the second (tho I accept Ryan should have done better).

Suttner was awful today. Duffy mistimed everything.

For me our strength has been our shape. Two solid banks of four that could break at pace.

As soon as the wingers do not pull their weight defensively, Brown both games, Schelotto and March today, then the shape breaks and the FBs are exposed.

We need to get back to basics.

I agree re cheque book, we need a mobile forward.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The only thing I would disagree with would be about Gross. Huddersfield done a job on him today doubling up or sometimes trebling up on him, basically taking him out of the game. As for "finding us out" it's the oppositions job to stop us from playing our passing game and that's what has been happening. Perhaps a little 'Plan B' now and again wouldn't go amiss.

Gross has been poor for three games. He plays too far away from Murray and looks like he needs a rest.

They did double up, but he needs way too much time, the same applies to Stephens.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Personally I think we need to shake things up off the back of two poor performances, some players look tired and some of those that have played week in week out need a break.

I’d like to see the following on Wednesday ahead of a massive two games against Burnley and Watford

—————————- Ryan —————————
Bruno ———- Dunk ——— Goldson ——- Bong
Knockeart ——- Kayal —- Stephens —— March
——————- Hemed ——- Baldock —————

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here