Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Time for Hughton to move on?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
there is a big difference between our squad and many others and i'm not going to get into a pissing match but we simply haven't spent money on quality players ....Propper , Gross , The Columbian get a pass at this stage but when you look around the prem and see the likes ok Kane , Hazard , Couthino , Lukaku , Aguerro , Jesus and many others we simply don't have that quality in our team....do we have any world class players...??

Funnily enough, all those you mentioned are Spurs, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man Utd, Man City and Man City.

Are you suggesting we should be competing with them? Please could you name the 'world class' players at Burnley, Huddersfield, Newcastle, West Brom, Stoke City, Palace, etc., etc.?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Good things never last that long with us, we also seem to f it up and not signing a striker was as big as they get this season. Dispite the press talk I've heard CH was livid he wanted two and ended up with none.

No goals are coming from midfield so unless Murray scores a 34 year old we aren't going to win that many games shame really, we could be very comfortable with a half decent striker.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
there is a big difference between our squad and many others and i'm not going to get into a pissing match but we simply haven't spent money on quality players ....Propper , Gross , The Columbian get a pass at this stage but when you look around the prem and see the likes ok Kane , Hazard , Couthino , Lukaku , Aguerro , Jesus and many others we simply don't have that quality in our team....do we have any world class players...??

There’s so many things wrong with this post. But the funniest thing about it is that you’ve named a load of players from top 6 clubs, and it’s actually arguable if any of them are World Class I.e. top 2 or 3 in their position in the world and a proven success at the very top level over a period of time. Of the six you’ve mentioned, probably only Aguero and Hazard fall into that category.

But to then ask do we have any WC players... like you expect us to... is just crazy. The answer to your question is “No, no we don’t”. The Premier League probably only has 7 or 8 truly world class players in the whole league - for one of them to be playing for us in our first top flight season in years would be incredible considering the money at the top end of the league.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Incredible post. Do you honestly think we should have world class players? We’re Brighton & Hove Albion FFS, and this is our first season in the Premier League. Some of those players you mentioned are worth more than the Amex!

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
I'm starting to wonder if he's been found out at this level. Both Newcastle and Norwich seemed to think he wasn't up to it in the Premier League and I'm starting to wonder if they were right.

The first sign of a manager loosing the plot is to make random team selections and playing players out of position. Playing a rightback (who's done nothing to justify his inclusion yet) in place of Knockert just highlights his defensive mentality.

Blindly picking Glen 'offside' Murray, who is woefully out of form, over Hemed who was in-form before his ban, is also baffling.

I'm starting to wonder if Hughton has some big question marks over him now and perhaps Bloom should start flicking through his phone contacts and seeing who is out of work and proven in the PL. Curbishley, Martin O'Neil, Appleton all spring to mind.
This was unfortunately the 1st thing I read this morning. I'm going back to sleep.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Incredible post. Do you honestly think we should have world class players? We’re Brighton & Hove Albion FFS, and this is our first season in the Premier League. Some of those players you mentioned are worth more than the Amex!

no more incredible than the notion that it's time for CH to move on .....he has to do the best with the players he's got......like i said i'm not getting into a pissing match ....i'm not proposing we are entitled to world class players , i am saying that we don't have any...thats all.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
no more incredible than the notion that it's time for CH to move on .....he has to do the best with the players he's got......like i said i'm not getting into a pissing match ....i'm not proposing we are entitled to world class players , i am saying that we don't have any...thats all.

How many teams outside the big 6 do?

I don’t think anyone with half a brain is seriously suggesting Hughton should move on. You get a few of these morons who piss their pants when we dare to lose a few games on the spin and think the answer is to get rid of the manager, but they’re pretty few and far between, and aren’t worth listening to.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
For such a great message board out trolls really are second class. Premier League ready my arse!!! Can we bring some new ones in in January?

This. How can someone start a thrad and not reply to any of the replies? Its a bit like shitting in someon's hat then buggering off. Weird, weird behaviour. If he is watching, he is a voyeur. Probably knocking one out while he's reading :FFSPuncheon

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Do you want a spade?

Smoky McPot

May 12, 2009
Been thinking the same for a while. We haven't won every single game 4-0 and aren't top of the league. I mean, what's the point? If he doesn't win at Spurs 10-0 i'm off...

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I suppose after a game like that - and after our recent run of results (2 points from 18, isn't it?) - people get a bit moody, especially as that old debate about laving someone up when defending set pieces has cropped up again (not surprising, given that the policy of bringing everyone back into the box has patently failed yesterday).
However, before the season started, my position was that even if we didn't survive in the PL this season, I'd still want CH to be the man to get us back up again - and I'm sticking with that, thank you very much. Hughton out? Not bloody likely!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'm starting to wonder if he's been found out at this level. Both Newcastle and Norwich seemed to think he wasn't up to it in the Premier League and I'm starting to wonder if they were right.

The first sign of a manager loosing the plot is to make random team selections and playing players out of position. Playing a rightback (who's done nothing to justify his inclusion yet) in place of Knockert just highlights his defensive mentality.

Blindly picking Glen 'offside' Murray, who is woefully out of form, over Hemed who was in-form before his ban, is also baffling.

I'm starting to wonder if Hughton has some big question marks over him now and perhaps Bloom should start flicking through his phone contacts and seeing who is out of work and proven in the PL. Curbishley, Martin O'Neil, Appleton all spring to mind.

Hughton's time is up.

Still can't quite believe that he failed to sign strikers, pacey RW and quality RB last Summer. He had from 18 April to 31 August FFS.

Brought all this on himself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here