Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Can we not over react if we get thumped today?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
This is a game where we needed to be competitive and we had a chance to get something. If we don’t do either, questions about the players and the manager need to be asked.

Agreed, had all week to prepare then serve up this shit

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
CH has a very average low budget squad.

He worked wonders for the 4 wins.

Weak squad chickens are now coming home to roost. Lack of pace, lack of strikers, lack of PL quality creativity, left back never sorted.

Professional, and bloody good, CH will never complain.

Brighton, Newcastle and one other for the drop?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

Weak squad chickens are now coming home to roost. Lack of pace, lack of strikers, lack of PL quality creativity, left back never sorted.

Fair point, but it the manner of this defeat and too one of the poorer teams in the league.

The dodgy team selection needs questioning as well

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

If teams have worked out that our game falls apart when we are pressed it’s going to be a long season.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Has to be said, as a non troller, that was awful. We played better in Div 2. Chris Hughton is my favourite manager of all time, but he needs to be berated with that line up today. It doesn't mean we need a new manager or anything else, but he got that seriously wrong. He went out with the idea of getting a point. We cannot do that. We need to have the mindset of 3 points. The set up was completely wrong, in my humble opinion. I'm quite shocked about how badly we played, and these games are defining. I'm going to Wembley on Wednesday, I can only see a hiding on these tactics.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Can we at least let people be frustrated that we lost to a team that are likely to be a relegation rival at the end of the season. That we did so without looking like scoring. That this was supposed to be the match where we respond to a home pasting with a performance that lifts the fans and that was what we got? Can we accept that football gets peoples emotions high and low and can lead to them saying things they don't mean just because they're hurting/delirious with joy?

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can we at least let people be frustrated that we lost to a team that i likely to be a relegation rival at the end of the season. That we did so without looking like scoring. That this was supposed to be the match where we respond to a home pasting with a performance that lifts the fans and that was what we got? Can we accept that football gets peoples emotions high and low and can lead to them saying things they don't mean just because they're hurting/delirious with joy?

No.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Has to be said, as a non troller, that was awful. We played better in Div 2. Chris Hughton is my favourite manager of all time, but he needs to be berated with that line up today. It doesn't mean we need a new manager or anything else, but he got that seriously wrong. He went out with the idea of getting a point. We cannot do that. We need to have the mindset of 3 points. The set up was completely wrong, in my humble opinion. I'm quite shocked about how badly we played, and these games are defining. I'm going to Wembley on Wednesday, I can only see a hiding on these tactics.

Totally agree. Today we were woeful, clueless and second best against a team we should at least be competing against.

I feed like a bad fan saying this, but that was shocking and we did not look like a team staying up. Houghton and the team have done so well up until recently, but they really need to sort themselves out if we are to survive. The positive from today - we did not concede in the second half.

Here's hoping for a shock result on Wednesday, it's s the sort thing we will do after a performance like today.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Criticism is wholly fair, trolls can do one. But we have the right to criticise, and let's face it, we are dire thus far.

Yes two points from fifteen is relegation form, our tragectory is downward and we only are four points from the drop zone. No over reaction, but we wouldn't be true fans if we thought our recent run of results could go without comment.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
I think we have learned the levels of intensity required to compete in games at this level and we are just going through a period where these levels have dropped.

It was predictable and is likely that we will also refind that early season form too.

I still think there are 3 worse teams than us and we will stay up. Just got to get through this sticky patch.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Yes two points from fifteen is relegation form, our tragectory is downward and we only are four points from the drop zone. No over reaction, but we wouldn't be true fans if we thought our recent run of results could go without comment.

Totally and utterly agree, so long as we aren't asking for the players/managers head, we have every reason to be disappointed. We, after all, are the people that put our lives into supporting a club.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Utter shite..predictably.

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
Ok. But currently we are dreadful and clearly on course for relegation. If we start playing better and not playing for a draw every game, faith may return. I am not the only person leaving huddersfield thinking the players dont care. Can anyone honestly see anything other than a cricket score on wednesday?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here