Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is this the first big question mark over Hughton's managerial ability?

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Why isn’t it a valid question?

Because this sort of dumb ass, knee jerk question comes up every time we are losing. Do you think after one (admittedly appalling) half we should suddenly start questioning Hughton's ability? What happens if we win at Spurs, do we stop the questioning and then start again when we lose the next time. It's pathetic.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Completely schooled by Wagner again in this first half, I thought we would set out to attack a relegation rival like Huddersfield not play two right backs on our right hand side, offering nothing going forward. Baldock and Hemed should have started up front.

:ffsparr:

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I took offence to the “question marks over CH ability”. If he thinks that, then he knows sweet fa.

Things don’t always go to plan, but some are too bloody quick to slag people off. Does my head in.

I just think the team selection was completely and utterly wrong today, and once again Wagner has the beating of us. Given that Huddersfield are one of our relegation rivals this result could mean everything at the end of the season.

So the opinion that there is question marks of CH's managerial ability at the top level is knowing sweet FA is interesting.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Sort of expected this as we seem pretty toothless up front with very little pace.We was always goner drop at some point and a relegation battle was inevitable :)

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Completely schooled by Wagner again in this first half, I thought we would set out to attack a relegation rival like Huddersfield not play two right backs on our right hand side, offering nothing going forward. Baldock and Hemed should have started up front.

IF he has dropped Knockart for disciplinary reasons when March and Izquierdo aren't fit then yes....yes it is.

Personally I'd like to see Hemed getting a game also.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Please do us all a favour and f*ck off.

Go support your first team if that’s what you really think.

Tw*t.

By the way, appreciate the insults. Always the best way to convey your opinion xxx

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Something seems very wrong behind the scenes. AK dropped, record signing on bench & Dunk looking clueless. I'm sure CH will get us through it but this is a mighty big test at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
The team selection is open to some questions but it's not Hughton to blame, it's the players who have been woeful.

The line up was pathetically defensive minded and I’ve seen nothing from Scholleto that suggests he’s even a League 1 player let alone premier league. CH set up not to lose rather than win against a real rival for the drop and that approach will see us relegated if it goes on all season.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Two points from fifteen is not a good place to be, I think our performance at Old Traford was a high point. I do have concerns that as we reach a busy Christmas calendar some players apear to be tired and lacking in concentration at times. The poster who mentioned rotation is correct, subsequent to a miracle we need to to just not concede in the second half, have learned from the Liverpool match?

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
And it may happen next week as well, maybe even the week after too but this sort of thread just does my head in. I should just ignore it really but it highlights all that's bad about our supporters.
So,we are not allowed to criticise anything that CH or the team does?
If we, do we are bad supporters?

Get real.
I believe I have every right to moan about being outplayed by Huddersfield. Inept performance all round so far.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
I took offence to the “question marks over CH ability”. If he thinks that, then he knows sweet fa.

Things don’t always go to plan, but some are too bloody quick to slag people off. Does my head in.

But it was a question, I don't think a slagging off. I think one would be totally deluded and "know nothing about football" if one thought the last 5 games had gone to plan. We're in a very tough run of fixtures and coming out on the wrong side of results. After christmas we could well be (I think we pretty much now) in a relegation scrap. Most of us thought we would be at the start of the year but started better than expected. So, my answer to the question is yes.

I rate Hughton and love him as our manager. Needs to be given time and support, especially when results aren't going to plan. Must sort out the flaws in defending from a set piece and we need a foil for Murray and a plan B when we have to chase a game. Today a case in point.

30mins+ left today. Plenty of time to claw it back, but don't be surprised if we lose 4-0 as that's looking more likely.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think Hughton might be a championship manager like Warnock and others, hasn't got the tactical nous to be a successful PL manager, hopefully Bloom won't let our season slide into trouble

How much will Bloom have to spend next month to halt this inevitable slide to the Rymans Premier.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I think his squad rotation has been a bit baffling over the last month

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
I think his squad rotation has been a bit baffling over the last month

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Exactly this.

I said his lack of rotation is the real issue for me. Even the top 6 rotate their team and I don’t understand why we persevere with the same midfield every game and the same formation. I can’t believe we honestly believe we can play the same every game in the hardest league in the world.

It’s either a question mark over CH’s ability to change or he simply does not believe he has a good enough squad. Either way, it’s very worrying at this moment in time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here