Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is this the first big question mark over Hughton's managerial ability?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Agreed but he isn't perfect and we should be able to say so...

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

The only perfect person in the world atm is Georgia Toffolo

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Any fan who witnessed that performance in these temperatures has a right to criticise on here concerning tactics, personnel and general commitment. There were players today who went missing.

Keep it real but that was total crap, and I’m frozen to death.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
For the last few games Chris has been banging on about us learning lessons? Mensa isn't calling Chris. :shrug:

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Has been a poor couple of games to be fair but I don’t hold CH managerial ability in question.
Liverpool played is off the park
Huddersfield presses really well and we didn’t move the ball anywhere near quickly enough. Some of the fringe players who played today have not really put themselves up for selection.
I think the quality on squad depth is showing and we will struggle in my opinion playing 2 games a week between now and the new year. I expect we will pick up anywhere between 3 and 7 points.
As someone has said CH has plenty of credit and 17 points thus far has been a good return for sure.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Errr, no it's fairly clear. Is Hughton out of his depth in this division? Sacked by 2 Premier League clubs, and we just lost to the team with the lowest budget in the division who absolutely dominated us.

One of those clubs that sacked him have said it was a mistake (here). The other was clear of the relegation zone (despite being undermined by the owners during the season questioning his position) and only after sacking him did they drop down and get relegated (Gary Lineker didn't like the decision).

And as for the lowest budget, I think Rafa Benitez would disagree. (here, and Sean Dyche believes he doesn't have more than Newcastle here).

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
One of those clubs that sacked him have said it was a mistake (here). The other was clear of the relegation zone (despite being undermined by the owners during the season questioning his position) and only after sacking him did they drop down and get relegated (Gary Lineker didn't like the decision).

And as for the lowest budget, I think Rafa Benitez would disagree. (here, and Sean Dyche believes he doesn't have more than Newcastle here).

You can link articles all you like, fact is, he has been sacked by 2 Premiership clubs, and you seriously believe Newcastle have a lower budget than us or Huddersfield? It is simply Benitez moaning :lol:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
You can link articles all you like, fact is, he has been sacked by 2 Premiership clubs, and you seriously believe Newcastle have a lower budget than us or Huddersfield? It is simply Benitez moaning :lol:

Well, if you're going to look at things so simplistically and not take into consideration the context of sackings, I guess you've already made up your mind and there's not much point actually discussing the question.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
I cannot believe CH's reason for not having AK in the Squad. Unbelievable. Says we need to be more compact against a team whose full backs push on. Well Hughton what would push them back? Bloody AK, Izquierdo or March you idiot. WE WERE PLAYING UDDESFIELD NOT MAN CITY OR BARCELONA. Even with that reasoning, could have had him on the bench.

D

Deleted member 2719

I cannot believe CH's reason for not having AK in the Squad. Unbelievable. Says we need to be more compact against a team whose full backs push on. Well Hughton what would push them back? Bloody AK, Izquierdo or March you idiot. WE WERE PLAYING UDDESFIELD NOT MAN CITY OR BARCELONA. Even with that reasoning, could have had him on the bench.

This has always been my point about CH his always 'i want to build a wall' mentality, who ever the team is, we will need a few more 3 points yet and he needs to relax and trust in his players more to track back.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Completely schooled by Wagner again in this first half, I thought we would set out to attack a relegation rival like Huddersfield not play two right backs on our right hand side, offering nothing going forward. Baldock and Hemed should have started up front.

No, can I call you an ahole please?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
There is absolutely nothing wrong with asking certain questions about tactics and performance after a bad performance or a defeat; however, where in the league did everyone expect to be at this stage in the season. Every clubs fans with probably the exception of Man City are doing the same on certain occasions after game.

Brighton will be in a relegation battle. They won't go down but if anyone thought we would gradually sail away from relegation trouble due to the fairly decent start is deluded. The squad though decent is nothing special. So I would dig in for the fight because it won't be an easy ride and I think the Manager has now become a victim of his early success - To be 4 points clear of the drop zone with 7 teams below us is a decent if not exceptional position to be in when you are playing in one of the top leagues around the world

D

Deleted member 2719

I don't think you understand what match fit means.

I think you are talking about what i call match sharp.

Match fit is fit enough to start and match sharp is up to match speed in my book.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Overall our squad isn’t good enough at this level and we have no strength in depth. That said, I don’t think we’re the worst team in the division but the January window will be fundamental to our survival. We have to have a better window than other teams at the bottom. I think our results are going to go from bad to worse between now and then so we need to buckle down, it’s gonna get rough.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I think you are talking about what i call match sharp.

Match fit is fit enough to start and match sharp is up to match speed in my book.

I'd combine the two together, to be honest but maybe that's just me.

If someone has been out for 6 months with a broken leg, then just because they can start a match doesn't make them match fit to me, and I believe that WFP was referring to 'Match Sharpness' with his post.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here