Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Huddersfield Town vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
You avoided my question would you have taken a chance by putting SB on . On your striker issue Huddersfield seems to have sorted it out. correctly.

I would have had Hemed and Baldock on at the end but we’d run out of subs having wasted a starting place with Scheletto.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It does not matter what tactics you play or what players you have, if the effort from the players is not there you will lose.
We could have fielded a world 11 today and still would have lost with those effort levels.

Only listened on the radio but I got the impression they just closed us down evertime we got the ball and we didn’t have the quality or composure to handle it. Pretty sure they would have been trying very hard. The manager takes a big portion of the blame for today and a lack of ability, at this level, under pressure takes quite a bit. I haven’t seen anywhere that the players weren’t trying?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
On the train home now. Terrible performance from us today, Huddersfield better in every department on and off the pitch. We are better than that, but for me that was the worst performance of the season. No exceptions everyone needs to man up after that. Woeful....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Only listened on the radio but I got the impression they just closed us down evertime we got the ball and we didn’t have the quality or composure to handle it. Pretty sure they would have been trying very hard. The manager takes a big portion of the blame for today and a lack of ability, at this level, under pressure takes quite a bit. I haven’t seen anywhere that the players weren’t trying?

It's not just LFC and Hudd who close down in a high press. Spuds and Burnley work hard to give opponents zero time on the ball.

Is there anything our squad has to counteract that?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It's not just LFC and Hudd who close down in a high press. Spuds and Burnley work hard to give opponents zero time on the ball.

I have expressed this concern since the Palace game, we have come up against three teams in the last four games that give us no time on the ball and we have been well beaten, and in the Palace match scraped a draw. We currently have no answer at all to being pressed, it is a real worry.

Maybe our players just aren’t good enough when not given time on the ball? The quality in this division is a massive step up.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Was I wrong? No. So I think my comments were apt.
We were all concerned about the line-up, and many of us thought we might lose. The problem with you is that you only ever post negative crap. I've just looked at your recent posts, and the last time you commented on football here was following our loss to Bournemouth. You're always complaining and when we do well you're nowhere to be seen.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

The long ball is the usual counter to a high press, but you would need to play a striker with pace to make it effective.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
So why didnt CH bring on Baldock either with GM or bring on TH as well

Good question. Perhaps Baldock is not quite there in terms of fitness, or Chris wanted Glenn on the pitch to help out at corners, where we were most vulnerable today.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Can't believe CH and all his meetings with his staff thought let's not be an attacking force (against a team leaking goals at the moment) and play Scheletto and Brown as wingers. Dreadful.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Just got back home. I don’t know what was weirder; the team selection or the Hitler youth choreographed Huddersfield fans. The former perhaps just shades it. It’s been quite a while since I looked at the team before KO and wrote off the game. Apologies for the negative post but what a strange day.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
You avoided my question would you have taken a chance by putting SB on . On your striker issue Huddersfield seems to have sorted it out. correctly.

I don't see the point of putting options on the bench and not utilising them if things are clearly not working.
Would see no problem in putting him on for the last 15 mins for a run out, not much of a gamble if you are already 2-0 down.
Knocky's petulance will be his undoing, it's a Gallic thing I suppose, don't want a one man team.

Last edited:

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
We refer to them as if they have a Premier League pedigree, don't forget that they were promoted same time as us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here