Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Huddersfield Town vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
To be fair I think a fellow who populates this board with the volume of inane drivel that you do is the last person who should be taking issue with a handful of posts about our rivals.

If we wanted to read about them we would log into the appropriate site not a Brighton matchday site.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Disagree, Huddersfield actually played fantastic in that game, they deserved it. This time we just laid down and died with a really poor line up.

Huddersfield played fantastic in this game also, pressed us into submission in midfield. We weren't great, but we didn't lay down.

You can't win em all. Just don't get too excited when we win or too depressed when we lose.

We're still doing alright in the league.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
CH saying in The Argus the dropping of AK was purely tactical as he wanted to be tighter and more difficult to beat. I am so glad that it worked or we may have lost 5-0 again. He was out thought by Wagner and we were outplayed by Huddersfield.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Huddersfield played fantastic in this game also, pressed us into submission in midfield. We weren't great, but we didn't lay down.

You can't win em all. Just don't get too excited when we win or too depressed when we lose.

We're still doing alright in the league.

But we had all the signs from Liverpool last weekend, pressing, playing high and did not respond to it. Played a seriously defensive side and got what we deserved. We need to be attacking the likes of Huddersfield, not looking for a point, if we do that we may as well go down tomorrow.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
CH saying in The Argus the dropping of AK was purely tactical as he wanted to be tighter and more difficult to beat. I am so glad that it worked or we may have lost 5-0 again. He was out thought by Wagner and we were outplayed by Huddersfield.

Does he admit to dropping a ricket with his team selection against Huddersfield...again?

Edit, he does allude to it, even if he doesn’t come out and actually admit it.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
I agree but, of course, it depends upon whether or not TB is prepared to invest in January.

It is really no surprise what is happening, no matter how good or otherwise our defence is, we need to have an attacking force which can take off some of the pressure - if the defence don't have any respite then expect to see what is currently occurring !

Agree entirely. I would imagine TB knows he needs to invest, and not cheaply, in order to survive. IMO we need some creativity in central midfield and a half decent striker, or we are screwed.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

His tactics dropped like a stone then.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton

None of which was a surprise. The team selection was woeful. We were playing Hudds not Man City.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Did not understand team selection today and we were poor

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
I cannot believe CH's reason for not having AK in the Squad. Unbelievable. Says we need to be more compact against a team whose full backs push on. Well Hughton what would push them back? Bloody AK, Izquierdo or March you idiot. WE WERE PLAYING UDDESFIELD NOT MAN CITY OR BARCELONA. Even with that reasoning, could have had him on the bench.

For the record I love CH and think he's doing a great job. The PL is hard but his tactics today don't help.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Nothing wrong with losing - we're not going to get results all the time. However, the way we played today was really frustrating. We were poor all over the pitch - decision making poor, lack of sharpness, defensive errors, giving the ball away, no bite, lack of ideas, etc. That's what's really annoyed me - not the loss. Huddersfield were, by far, the better team. 2-0 flattered us. However, I'm sure Hughton will get us playing well again - he usually does!

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

You go a goal down in these allegedly tight fixtures, with a defensive set up and invariably (to the tune) it’s a nought you take away.

Treated like a trip to the attacking greats at Anfield.

The only positive team today, outclassed the cloggers.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would have thought that today was the ideal day to push SB back alongside of either GM or TH so would have brought on SM,.JI and SB for Gross Schelotto and Brown or left Brown on and sent on either SM or JI plus TH and SB taking off GM.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Just got home. Worst performance of the season today. No positives at all. Our last minute messing about for a striker could well cost us our place in the PL.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just got home. Worst performance of the season today. No positives at all. Our last minute messing about for a striker could well cost us our place in the PL.

Watched it on stream and wouldnt disagree but would ask would you have sent Sam Baldock on with either GM or TH as we had nothing to ,lose.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here