Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Huddersfield Town vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
He’ll probably do it in the 65th min as per usual at which point we’ll be four down.

Needs to be done now in my opinion.....just for this game, try to scare them with pace and players capable of taking on defenders.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Luckily, apart from the 2 set pieces that we defended very poorly, Huddersfield are shitty as well.
We need to improve, do something different and we may have a small chance of a draw.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
A serious and seriously brave question needs to be asked by the staff and board about how competent our defensive unit is. Dunk and Duffy have, at times, been brilliant this season, and Ryan has pulled off the odd worldy, but this pattern of shocking defending raises serious question marks. Does Bruno warrant his place as automatic starter? Do Stephens and Propper offer enough defensive support? Are Dunk and Duffy as good as we think (and can we keep relying on them to have stormers)? Do we need a goalkeeper who controls the box better at set pieces? Are either Suttner or Bong anywhere up to this standard? AND is Hughton right to play so defensively when we seem so incapable of doing it?

The simple fact is that any opposing manager now knows how to play against us- press when we have the ball, and overload the box at set pieces.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
We just don't have the players to rotate the squad I'm afraid. Unfortunately CH probably wont bring any subs on until the last 20 mins.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It's not hard to see why Murray has never stepped up in the PL TBH, he's way too slow and lazy to be a success in this league

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Rather have played this against liverpool and lost 7-0 and played our proper team today.

The lineup more than a little concerning before the game.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Getting a bit OTT on the negativity chaps. We have a bad run virtually every season it was inevitable in the Prem. 45 mins to rescue a point #staypositive

I tend to have your optimism, but so long as the criticism is structured and fair, I think everyone has a good reason to show it.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Schelotto not in the game at all. What's happened to Knocky to not even be on the bench?

Giving the ball away far too often and really poor defensive errors. Our ability to defend balls into the box is becoming a real worry.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Schelotto not in the game at all. What's happened to Knocky to not even be on the bench?

Giving the ball away far too often and really poor defensive errors. Our ability to defend balls into the box is becoming a real worry.

We are keeping Knockaert for the away game against Spurs, when he will have to defend all game.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Watching on stream and it sems that CH has got it all wrong I would say March or Izzy for Schelotto and Baldock for Gross ASAP. Mind you Suttner is having a poor game also but we need to keep 1 sub in case.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here