Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] February Fixtures selected for TV - announcement due 12th December

PWA

European Tour 2023/24
Jul 23, 2011
West Sussex
It is a joke. I mean why give a date of 12th December for the announcement and then get to the 21st without even acknowledging the delay? People seem to be speculating that the League Cup caused the delay, but it's not like we didn't know the League Cup quarter-finals were scheduled for this week. That's decided before the start of the season.

I have just looked at the fixtures for February and it seems that on the weekend of the League Cup final (25th February) the scheduled Premier League games include Arsenal v Man City and Man United v Chelsea. So my guess is that Sky/BT don't want to pick those games knowing there is a good chance they will be postponed in order to allow those teams to play the cup final, but they don't want to not pick them either just in case they are played that weekend and they miss out on a top match as a result.

I'm not sure this week's results really help the TV companies. You have to expect Man City will be in the final so there isn't much point picking their match against Arsenal, but picking/not picking Man United v Chelsea is still a complete gamble either way.

I've given up with this :lol:

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Opposite for me. I have a function to go to on the Saturday that means I can’t get from one to the other in time. However, if the day gets changed, I will incorporate it into my travel plans as I’d be passing Stoke on the way!

Stoke in mid-winter it has nothing going for it, probably not even a point

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Stoke in mid-winter it has nothing going for it, probably not even a point

I think the best thing I’ve ever got out of a football trip to Stoke is my favourite fleece jacket! I don’t think I’ve seen us win there yet (I can’t even remember a draw).

I’ll still go if I can, though.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I think the best thing I’ve ever got out of a football trip to Stoke is my favourite fleece jacket! I don’t think I’ve seen us win there yet (I can’t even remember a draw).

I always think of Stoke as being a long trip away but it’s only an hour an a half on the train from London. Will be there as long as date and time are not changed. At this rate will won’t find out until a couple of hours before kick off is due.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

All of this. It is by far the worst away trip of the season. The stadium is always the coldest, the windiest, Stoke truly is a shithole, and most importantly we ALWAYS lose.

I’ll still go though :)

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
No games moved for us.

The fixtures selected for live TV broadcast in February 2018 have been announced.

(all times GMT)

Saturday 3 February

12:30 Burnley v Man City (Sky Sports)
17:30 Arsenal v Everton (BT Sport)

Sunday 4 February

14:15 Crystal Palace v Newcastle United (Sky Sports)
16:30 Liverpool v Spurs (Sky Sports)

Monday 5 February

20:00 Watford v Chelsea (Sky Sports)
*If either club are in an FA Cup 4th-round replay, this match will move to 4 February, 12:00, live on Sky Sports

Saturday 10 February

12:30 Spurs v Arsenal (BT Sport)
17:30 Man City v Leicester City (Sky Sports)

Sunday 11 February

12:00 Huddersfield Town v AFC Bournemouth (BT Sport)
14:15 Newcastle United v Man Utd (Sky Sports)
16:30 Southampton v Liverpool (Sky Sports)

Monday 12 February

20:00 Chelsea v West Brom (Sky Sports)

Saturday 24 February

12:30 Leicester City v Stoke City (Sky Sports)
17:30 Watford v Everton (BT Sport)

Sunday 25 February

14:05 Arsenal v Man City or
14:05 Man Utd v Chelsea (Sky Sports)
*These matches are subject to EFL Cup Final participation the same day

Monday 26 February

20:00 Crystal Palace v Tottenham Hotspur (Sky Sports)
*If either club are in an FA Cup 5th-round replay, this match will move to 25 February, 12:00, live on Sky Sports

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
What will Sky do on 25th if the EFL Final is Manchester City v Chelsea?

Late move of Brighton v Swansea to fill the gap

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here