Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion could soon be playing on Saturday NIGHTS (even more games on TV)

Are Saturday night matches a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 16 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 32 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
They are doing their best to turn it into a tv fan's sport rather than a real event for stadium fans.
Do many families all want to watch the game? Speaking for myself, football is treated with contempt by the female half of the household . In order to enjoy it peacefully I have a separate small telly in my study and retire alone...

Teatime matches are a pain.. do I sacrifice a family meal or miss the game?
So, No. I don't like the idea... But the league will bow to the god of money and Sky/BT will do what the hell they like.

Sounds like you need to take control. football should always be watched on the big tv.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If it clashes with Michael McIntyre's Big Show, me and Bensgrandad are OUT

I will record Michael McInrtyre if he is still on then,. Anyway how did you know wife and I watch him? As it happens I quite like the idea of Saturday night games. As IU have said many times being an OAP kick off days or times make no difference to me maybe it does other people but not me.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
They are doing their best to turn it into a tv fan's sport rather than a real event for stadium fans.
Do many families all want to watch the game? Speaking for myself, football is treated with contempt by the female half of the household . In order to enjoy it peacefully I have a separate small telly in my study and retire alone...

Teatime matches are a pain.. do I sacrifice a family meal or miss the game?
So, No. I don't like the idea... But the league will bow to the god of money and Sky/BT will do what the hell they like.

The new batch of Saturday night matches KO at 19.45, so don't clash with tea (if you're local, at least).

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Sat 19.45 kick off against Crystal Palace. Sounds great. Get to the pub for opening time, 8 hours drinking, what could possibly go wrong?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I very purposefully put "could" in the thread title.

Being 16th, at the time of the new kick offs this Saturday evening, will have NSC wondering if the Isthmian League gets televised.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Maybe you're only considering a HOME Saturday evening k/o which could be great - esp for those who have to work all day Saturday.
But what about AWAY's especially where the train service home isn't until Sunday morning, would you still be happy with that? [obviously some will be fine with this but others can't afford overnight accommodation]

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I don't understand the entire midweek lot. Sky/BT or whoever, gets all 10 games over the course of what, Mon to Friday or just Tues & Wed?
Either way, they'll be putting two or more games on simultaneously instantly halving the viewing figures per game but doubling their costs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here