Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion v Palace: why Monday?

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
What about Spurs and Manure away?

Oh give it a rest. I don't believe Spurs was anything to do with HF and Manure was handbags after the usual posturing and verbals. Are you honestly trying to tell me that BHAFC does not have any supporters who won't get involved in a punch up given half a chance?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We don't have a 'hoolie mob' bozza and you know it. We have a bunch of kids who think it's clever to let off bangers and smoke grenades. I have never seen them behaving like a hoolie mob before. Anti-social idiots? Yes. Football Hooligans? No.

The tag you put on them is irrelevant. The Albion say we don't pander to them and we play the game when we want to play the game.

Palace seem so scared of them they want the game held as early as possible to minimise the disturbance they cause.

That really is the story here. Sorry it's inconvenient for you.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Are you honestly trying to tell me that BHAFC does not have any supporters who won't get involved in a punch up given half a chance?

We probably do.

However, we don't seem to have fans who storm into grounds. We don't seem to have fans who injure stewards including, for example, a much-respected steward of our own club. We don't seem to turf other fans out of their seats so we can be at the front with our banners and pyros. We don't throw pyros at our own fans, injuring them in the process.

Hope this helps.

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
We probably do.

However, we don't seem to have fans who storm into grounds. We don't seem to have fans who injure stewards including, for example, a much-respected steward of our own club. We don't seem to turf other fans out of their seats so we can be at the front with our banners and pyros. We don't throw pyros at our own fans, injuring them in the process.

Hope this helps.

There is little point in continuing this. I am not defending the morons but at least keep it in perspective. We are talking about 20-30 kids here. Even the main HF lot have condemned their actions. Does the actions of 20-30 teenagers really warrant a reduction of 2600 tickets?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Oh give it a rest. I don't believe Spurs was anything to do with HF and Manure was handbags after the usual posturing and verbals. Are you honestly trying to tell me that BHAFC does not have any supporters who won't get involved in a punch up given half a chance?

Not saying that at all, but it is not Albion fans under scrutiny on this occasion is it? Its your twats who like hurdling.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There is little point in continuing this. I am not defending the morons but at least keep it in perspective. We are talking about 20-30 kids here. Even the main HF lot have condemned their actions. Does the actions of 20-30 teenagers really warrant a reduction of 2600 tickets?

I don't know. But my son was a little shit earlier and as a result he's not getting the iPad to play on tomorrow.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

Why don't the HF lot go a step further rather than just condemning them, why don't the fans who know who the 20-30 involved in the trouble, identify them to the authorities and the club? Why don't they try to be a bit proactive and try regain a better name for CPFC, by getting rid of this scum themselves?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
C*nts C*nts the lot of them. How exactly is my daughter supposed to go to school in Falmouth, get to Brighton for the game, then get back to school again for Tuesday morning.

We were so looking forward to this, to my daughter getting to her first derby game.

..TV have put it on an evening game precisely because they want it to kick off, will be great for them if they can get a bit of naughties to show...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Why don't the HF lot go a step further rather than just condemning them, why don't the fans who know who the 20-30 involved in the trouble, identify them to the authorities and the club? Why don't they try to be a bit proactive and try regain a better name for CPFC, by getting rid of this scum themselves?

When a Palace account tweeted the video of the hoodie hoolies breaking into the ground they were greeted with numerous "Grass" posts from other Palace fans.

They condemn them, but not too much eh?

And now comes the spin that no one can prove they were ticketless (why that matters I do not know), that Albion staff opened a fire exit (why that matters I do not know) and that these were just frustrated genuine ticket-holding fans wanting to see the game (chinny reckon).

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Cheerio cheerio cheerio

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
TV have put it on an evening game precisely because they want it to kick off, will be great for them if they can get a bit of naughties to show...

This is the point, isn't it? There is absolutely no football justification for showing it, as anybody who witnessed the game the other night would agree.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Personally i think it will be ok at the stadium , where it will be a bit lively is in town to say the least , i can't help but think whoever agreed to this kick off time were under the influence of some mind bending drug , cave dwelling Brighton fans will re emerge from their 30 year hibernation for this and it will kick off , the post match finger pointing will rumble on for ages as to why nobody saw it coming , and nobody will hold their hands up and say " well yes with hindsight perhaps the Kick off time was a BLOODY STUPID thing to have done .

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
When a Palace account tweeted the video of the hoodie hoolies breaking into the ground they were greeted with numerous "Grass" posts from other Palace fans.

They condemn them, but not too much eh?

And now comes the spin that no one can prove they were ticketless (why that matters I do not know), that Albion staff opened a fire exit (why that matters I do not know) and that these were just frustrated genuine ticket-holding fans wanting to see the game (chinny reckon).

It amazes me that so much effort has been put in to trying to deny everything. The police have screwed things up here by making an unchecked statement but i am truly surprised that so little attention is now being focussed on tge very obvious offences that were committed by a numberbof cpfc fans. Even the fsf seem to have taken their eye off the ball and polite requests to ask about other elements were met by sarcastic swipes from them.

Yet since the game against them i have spoken to a number of supporters of other clubs who all seem to tell a similar story of how palace behaved at their club. Palace fans talk of having steward lines at grounds such as old Trafford, checking tickets away from the turnstile. Correct me if im wrong but we didnt have that. It seems there is an endemic problem that is being overlooked here and the police screw up has given another opportunity to brush it under the carpet

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC

How many refunds for unused tickets were claimed back via your club? Because on the night people were tweeting that between 150 and 300 were locked outside. Anything less than 150 refunds would inidicate that ticketless fans were locked out from the ground (without explaining that there werent 150 spaces inside the ground indicating that ticketless fans got in)

Surely that should bea legitimate line of discussion?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
How many refunds for unused tickets were claimed back via your club? Because on the night people were tweeting that between 150 and 300 were locked outside. Anything less than 150 refunds would inidicate that ticketless fans were locked out from the ground (without explaining that there werent 150 spaces inside the ground indicating that ticketless fans got in)

Surely that should bea legitimate line of discussion?

Over 200 by all accounts: http://palacetrust.org.uk/2017/12/08/cpst-meeting-with-cpfc-5th-dec/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here