Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sussex Police admit there was no knife or knuckleduster confiscated at the Palace game

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
But the tennage wankers got away Scot free . Due to the police cocking up big time the only people to suffer were innocent fans caught up in the aftermath. This is unacceptable and if the police cut our tickets for the cup game it will be scandalous.

Why don't you pi** off

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
So now we know that they lied about this, why should we believe them about anything else that supposedly happened on the night?

Like their tweet post match, that all supporters left the ground unharmed,:lolol: I saw about 30 police in riot gear filming quite the opposite just before kick off outside NW corner

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
But the tennage wankers got away Scot free . Due to the police cocking up big time the only people to suffer were innocent fans caught up in the aftermath. This is unacceptable and if the police cut our tickets for the cup game it will be scandalous.

Did the police fabricate the video of the hoodie boyz breaking into the stadium then sending one of your own stewards to hospital, clearly, so yes lets up the allocation and let more of the drone boyz in as they are blameless.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Like their tweet post match, that all supporters left the ground unharmed,:lolol: I saw about 30 police in riot gear filming quite the opposite just before kick off outside NW corner

Ah but they never said you went in unharmed? :D
...and yes i witnessed the same....and a tad more than 30 i'd say

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Suusex Police have just scored a mahoosive own goal with this.

They have to bring in horses and dogs from other forces 'cos they don't have any, ship in large numbers of extra officers from other forces (this is Albion v Palace, not a Glasgow derby), march Palace through the city centre past staunch Brighton pubs, the massed ranks of officers then go missing when most needed, and finally LIE about weapons. But they can arrest minors for firework offences and lone fans for naughty songs!

When it comes to policing football, they are not fit for purpose.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
This thread is about police lies, not the behaviour of some Palace fans.

I did question this the day after the game when the police said they had found weapons, and 6 arrests had been made, yet none were for possession of a weapon.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Part of the Sussex Police statement:

The reference to weapons being found discarded at the stadium following the Brighton v Crystal Palace match on November 28 was based on information logged by our officers on the night and done so in good faith.

Subsequently, it has been established that no such items were physically recovered at the stadium or in the city.

What was done in good faith? Making reference to the information in the officer's logs, or multiple officers recording non-existent items and events in their official logs?

Either way, I believe the officers who created fictitious accounts of events in their official reports need to consider their position or face disciplinary action.

I tend to think Occam's razor applies here; not a conspiracy to tarnish further those whey-faced poltroons from up the road, but mere incompetence/laziness. It wouldn't surprise me if the knife/knuckleduster story was a chinese whisper that made it's way to the police from the stewards and when the police asked for evidence it turns out "oh err, wasn't me, someone else told me they found some".

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It wouldn't surprise me if the knife/knuckleduster story was a chinese whisper that made it's way to the police from the stewards and when the police asked for evidence it turns out "oh err, wasn't me, someone else told me they found some".

It has been suggested to me that could be pretty much what has happened, yes.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012

It does seem strange that they would say that the weapons recovered at the scene, were now evidence.

Ummmmm ....

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
There's not any argument that the behaviour of a number of the Crystal Palace support was totally unacceptable. Evidence for that is in the public domain.

But why then the need to embilish that with tales of weapons?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
To be honest, I am now beginning to seriously doubt police claims that a giant panda named Ying Ying was arrested in 1901 for making unwanted sexual advances and sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads were given a roadside caution for endangering traffic leaving Bennett's Field

Last edited:

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004

Even if this what has happened it still stinks of rank incompetence by the police. No statement should ever have been made unless the story was corroborated and weapons actually recovered.

Not content with letting poorly paid stewards with no powers of arrest deal with the idiots who jumped the turnstiles they have perversely played into the twisted hands of the hooligans. Those idiots will bleat about how hard done by by those nasty fibbing rozzers.

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove
Yep. Let’s ban the police from the next Brighton - Palace match. It was all them. They started it. They caused everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here