Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sussex Police admit there was no knife or knuckleduster confiscated at the Palace game

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well, this has certainly bollocksed up someones holiday hasn't it.

tasty_snacks

Feb 20, 2011
In light of the Hillsborough review and the subsequent Operation Resolve, this is ignorant and contemptuous behaviour. Regardless of who you support, it sullies us all.

This is now a public trust matter. I have emailed Caroline Lucas (MP for Brighton Pavilion). Had a very quick response from her caseworker but as I live outside her constituency it may not be prioritised. If someone within those walls wants to drop me their email address I'll copy you in to the reply and it'll be looked into more quickly.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Well, this has certainly bollocksed up someones holiday hasn't it.

Can't help but think that the confession and statement that he's off for a week went down like a ton of bricks with his superiors and their PR chaps and he's been told to deal with it.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I thought people weren't let in because people had stormed the gates? At the point that the gates were stormed I would have thought everyone with a ticket was being let in. I can understand people storming the gates if they had a ticket and weren't being let in, but I don't think that's what happened.

That said, I actually have no idea what really happened, as I wasn't there.

Ditto. Neither do I but if that was the case then I can understand why they were pissed off. As I said not saying that was or wasn't the case.

You know what? reading the previous poster's question, and you elegant reply, you can understand how people still support Brexit. Perhaps the Palace fans stormed the gate in search of foie gras.

Given the amount of threads on here most weeks about the kiosks running out of pies if foie gras was on the menu I'd be desperate to get in the ground. Is it any wonder they took things into their own hands?

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
It does beg the question of the reliability of Sussex police evidence? All of the fellows banned in the last few years for various transgressions from aggressive pint throwing to allegedly fighting marauding Russians in another country etc etc. If you cannot rely on the veracity of the police accounts of these events should these guys be banned? A can of worms has been opened up by this. Even if its an unrealistic aspiration, we expect our Police to tell the truth 100% of the time especially when they are talking about peoples liberty. Embellishing events to suit their own agenda is completely unacceptable.

This isn’t going to away any time soon, I see another FOI request has been put to Sussex Police, trying to get to the bottom of what actually went on that night.

https://mobile.twitter.com/FYPFanzine/status/939143960349564928

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Given the amount of threads on here most weeks about the kiosks running out of pies if foie gras was on the menu I'd be desperate to get in the ground. Is it any wonder they took things into their own hands?

To be fair, that video of Palace fans breaking into the ground is exactly the same carnage as when Brighton fans leave the ground on the 85th minute and no-one ever moans about that.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Dougie is all over this thread like the rash he had that prompted his transgender surgery for being confused :eek:

C326D9BA-581B-4C8A-BF7F-5225D813793B.jpeg

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
This is probably one of those rare occasions when Brighton and Palace fans have a very good reason for finding a united voice.

Hopefully the only time :wink:
But seriously they have tried to taint both our clubs and I hope rob can get to the bottom of it . If he does it will be interesting what happens within the Sussex police force hierarchy.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
2000 tickets again :(

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Hopefully the only time :wink:
But seriously they have tried to taint both our clubs and I hope rob can get to the bottom of it . If he does it will be interesting what happens within the Sussex police force hierarchy.

I think Edna should be promoted to Chief Superintendent (?)
She has shown her worth as a mod on here, with her no nonsense responses to cheeky Palace fans.
Infractions all round for the cup game .

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Palace statement

We’re surprised and disappointed that our FA Cup match against Brighton has been scheduled for a Monday evening.

We raised concerns about playing the league match between the two clubs at night, as there have been previous issues when we played evening games in the Championship, but felt we were presented with a no option scenario. Given the events that occurred, we assumed that this time what we considered to be good sense would prevail and the game would be scheduled as an early daytime kick off. We are also disappointed that our ticket allocation for the FA Cup match has again been restricted to 2,000 when we should be entitled to more than 4,600 tickets under normal FA Cup rules.

We completely understand the security concerns around this match and the safety of all supporters must be paramount. It’s for that very reason that we felt the best and most obvious solution, as is the case with most other big, highly-charged derby games, would have been a lunchtime kick-off, combined with a bigger ticket allocation to cater for the overwhelming demand from our supporters, many of whom will again be left disappointed. We were told that the incidents which took place at last month’s league match were caused, in part, by fans with tickets colluding with un-ticketed fans to force entry into the stadium.

While we understand there are issues with trains on the Sunday of the FA Cup third-round weekend we have offered to provide free coaches to negate this issue, also allowing supporters to be dropped and picked up from designated drop off and pick up points.

We strongly believe that the very small minority who misbehave and create disorder should be punished to the full extent of the law, thereby deterring others. Instead, it’s our view that the many decent and law-abiding supporters are being punished by being deprived of the opportunity to enjoy supporting their team.

https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/2017/dec...on-fa-cup-tie/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here