Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sussex Police admit there was no knife or knuckleduster confiscated at the Palace game

Unbelievable. Staggering. Incredible.

The police, our police, they lied to us, I'm not sure what to think of them from this day forth.

We are all football fans, despise them as I do, the POLICE, lied about them.

seaford

Feb 8, 2007
Through sheer incompetence the Old Bill have allowed the Always Ultras a get out of free jail card to deflect their own criminal behaviour (captured on film), injuring their own fans and stewards.

Well done Sussex Police, you complete ****wits.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
It does seem strange that they would say that the weapons recovered at the scene, were now evidence.

Ummmmm ....

Where did you read that? (Not suggesting you aren't telling the truth)

There should be an independent inquiry If they made a public statement stating they found weapons and were keeping for evidence, but now trying to retract that statement and play it off as a mistake. That isn't Chinese whispers...

Last edited:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Shock horror police lie, they work for the establishment of course they ****ing lie!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Where did you read that? (Not suggesting you aren't telling the truth)

If they made an official public statement stating what you said and now trying to retract it then they are bang out of order and there should be an independent inquiry.

"Sussex Police, when contacted by The Independent on Tuesday, reiterated that they had recovered weapons at the scene and that they were now evidence. When pushed, they refused to publish any pictures of the ‘weapons’ or offer any proof of their existence."

From >>> http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...sters-premier-league-fa-cup-var-a8097976.html

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
In an obvious attempt to sweep the issue under the carpet, Sussex Police have said that they 'will be making no further comment'. Well that may be how they would like things to end, but I would suggest that when the Football Supporters Federation take them to task over this (which they inevitably will) that the higher echelons of our constabulary could well find themselves being 'druv'.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
"Sussex Police, when contacted by The Independent on Tuesday, reiterated that they had recovered weapons at the scene and that they were now evidence. When pushed, they refused to publish any pictures of the ‘weapons’ or offer any proof of their existence."

From >>> http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...sters-premier-league-fa-cup-var-a8097976.html

Bit confused... If that's the case why did you tend to agree with the "chinese whispers" version of events in previous post? Saying you have found and preserving it as evidence is surely a million miles away from hearing that some bloke in the que has a Stanly knife or knuckle duster on him?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
In an obvious attempt to sweep the issue under the carpet, Sussex Police have said that they 'will be making no further comment'. Well that may be how they would like things to end, but I would suggest that when the Football Supporters Federation take them to task over this (which they inevitably will) that the higher echelons of our constabulary could well find themselves being 'druv'.

Should be someone with a damn sight more official clout than the Football Supporters Federation taking them to task over this. Fabricating evidence is a criminal offence. Oh, hang on, there isn't any 'physical' evidence.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Bit confused... If that's the case why did you tend to agree with the "chinese whispers" version of events in previous post? Saying you have found and preserving it as evidence is surely a million miles away from hearing that some bloke in the que has a Stanly knife or knuckle duster on him?

I didn't say I agreed with the "chinese whispers" version of events, just that it had been suggested to me that is what could have happened.

That aside, do the two stories contradict each other necessarily?

1. In the heat of the night itself, word has spread that there were weapons about.
2. A statement is rushed out and mention is made of those weapons.
3. At some point someone within the force says "Let's look at those weapons then." and someone says "Oh, hang on, we don't have any".
4. Much bluster follows, hoping it all blows over.
5. Get called out and have to fess up.

Feasible? I have no idea. I find it hard to believe that a story was made up from the off in the hope of getting away with something.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I didn't say I agreed with the "chinese whispers" version of events, just that it had been suggested to me that is what could have happened.

That aside, do the two stories contradict each other necessarily?

1. In the heat of the night itself, word has spread that there were weapons about.
2. A statement is rushed out and mention is made of those weapons.
3. At some point someone within the force says "Let's look at those weapons then." and someone says "Oh, hang on, we don't have any".
4. Much bluster follows, hoping it all blows over.
5. Get called out and have to fess up.

Feasible? I have no idea. I find it hard to believe that a story was made up from the off in the hope of getting away with something.

The reply to The Independent is rather damning though. That does look like a bare-faced lie.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The reply to The Independent is rather damning though. That does look like a bare-faced lie.

Agreed, it looks shocking. But I note there are no direct quotes, nor is that attributed to anyone, which seems a bit strange.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
and still we wait for Parish to condone his favourite supporters....will he ***k
....somethings don't seem to change

It's people throwing themselves in the air from three rows back, to land on somebody is not permitted behaviour in a football stadium," Parish told The Eagles Element. "It's quite clear what we have to do and people need to understand that we have higher masters -- we have a safety council that can shut our stadium if we're not in control of it.

"Our first obligation is towards the safety of people. We've got to make people safe and one kid has got hurt, you've seen it; there's a guy that was pretty badly hurt and it could have been a lot worse. People on the periphery could have easily been caught up in it, a flying boot and lose sight in an eye."

But it's not the first time the group have tested the club's patience; I've witnessed the group ignore the club's requests not to let off flares at games, and several ticket holders have informed me of witnessing the group causing damage to seats.

The club have been accommodating in the past, organising block ticket allocations for the group at big away games. Fans also stand throughout matches, something they are not able to do in other parts of Selhurst Park.

And it seems they are testing the patience of fellow fans, too. Chants of "little boys" and "can you shut up every week" could be heard from the rest of the Holmesdale Road Stand against QPR, When Saturday Comes reported.

The group are also upset at increased security measured in the area they sit in, brought on reportedly after an incident against Newcastle United where a coin was thrown onto the pitch and hit Magpies captain Fabricio Coloccini. That coin, say the group, wasn't thrown from their block.

They might be right to feel like their liberties are being infringed upon. No one likes being filmed at football matches, something police seem to do to any group of away fans these days, but when supporters are being hurt, missiles are being thrown from the stands and private property is being damaged, what choice does the club have? Safety must come first.

By and large, the Holmesdale Fanatics' offences are more silly than they are criminal. It seems like the ultras like to poke the hornet's nest a few times, usually when things are going well on the pitch and everything seems grand. It just makes you sigh and wish everyone would just grow up, have a pint and get on with things.

The thing is, the rest of the ground was markedly quieter on Saturday without the Holmesdale Fanatics doing their thing, which does suggest that when they have an off day so do the rest of the Palace fans. A bit like Mile Jedinak in the Eagles side.

No Palace fans want to see the Fanatics stop what they do, or disbanded, they just want to see them get on with the good things. Then all Eagles fans can go to games and concentrate on the one common goal which unites them all -- Crystal Palace FC -- instead of creating factions among the support. Because that is all that matters, and on Saturday against Stoke, the club will hope the red and blue army will be back to their noisy best.

What exactly has all that verbiage got to do with the police admitting that they lied when they said that knives and knuckledusters had been found when, err, they hadn’t?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here