Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sussex Police admit there was no knife or knuckleduster confiscated at the Palace game

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
What games are you saying were worse?

I don't think it's a question of what is worse but the fact that his statement said that there were knives and knuckledusters which paints a picture in the reader's mind that it was so bad that lives were at risk. Taken as a whole it's disingenuous, it includes things that were not true and leaves Palace fans with an even worse reputation,

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I’m only saying what he said . Finding knuckledusters and knifes would back up his arguement . You should be barking up his tree .

I don’t recall any other games where opposing fans broke in, bullied their own fans from their seats, injured stewards (I believe one was your own) and injured their own fans when throwing fireworks.

Don’t get me wrong, this police story is troubling - particularly as it may serve to increase tensions at the Cup game - some of your lot won’t be able to resist using it to get at police officers.

However it doesn’t change the fact that some people associated with your club acted appallingly that night.

Palace fans shouting “But police!” doesn’t change that.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Police lie about football fans shock

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I don’t recall any other games where opposing fans broke in, bullied their own fans from their seats, injured stewards (I believe one was your own) and injured their own fans when throwing fireworks.

Don’t get me wrong, this police story is troubling - particularly as it may serve to increase tensions at the Cup game - some of your lot won’t be able to resist using it to get at police officers.

However it doesn’t change the fact that some people associated with your club acted appallingly that night.

But this thread is about the police statement , stop sidetracking the thread .

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012

Didn't Millwall storm across the segregated area one season, or did I dream of people screaming for a policeman ?

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex
A little bit disturbing that in 2017 the police reported to national TV news cameras that weapons were found when they weren't. Sounds like they were covering their arses at the expense of football fans - all sounds familiar

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
But this thread is about the police statement , stop sidetracking the thread .

Anyway if the alleged knuckle duster had the normal type of fingerholes, then that might not rule your spotty ultras out, as the ones they were talking about had holes for 6 fingers.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don't think it's a question of what is worse but the fact that his statement said that there were knives and knuckledusters which paints a picture in the reader's mind that it was so bad that lives were at risk. Taken as a whole it's disingenuous, it includes things that were not true and leaves Palace fans with an even worse reputation,

Exactly. And if it transpired they arrested and charged random teenagers in black on the 'you'll do' principle (later to be acquitted for lack of evidence), it will be even worse. Saddam defied the UN for ten years, but when TB made up the WMD story, it all became 'illegal war against blameless Iraquis'.

And letting the 'massive' play havoc during the game with their bangs and flares (a call by the OB? Presumably) was cowardly and ill considered.

Sometimes you wonder whether our security people have a real idea, or are simply exercising strategems thy learned during their MSc in Advanced Policing Methods at the Univrsity of the Northern Hemisphere (formerly Neasden Polytechnic). :facepalm:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Didn't Millwall storm across the segregated area one season, or did I dream of people screaming for a policeman ?

No they were stopped in their tracks by a dozen or so Brighton fans , the thought of actually being confronted because there were no police on the scene obviously put them off , and to cap it all 3 Brighton fans were ejected for basically standing their ground ! Still it’s a fair cop guv .

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

The only screaming for a policeman happened at Elland Road. Millwall did bit of 'hold me back' gesturing across the segregated area, but nothing worse than that.
I do believe your CEO had to pay for plumbing repairs for damaged toilets in 2013.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Attempted to.

The plastic mesh defeated them. A bit of a 'hold me back' attempt in fact.

Last edited:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
A little bit disturbing that in 2017 the police reported to national TV news cameras that weapons were found when they weren't. Sounds like they were covering their arses at the expense of football fans - all sounds familiar

It's also made me start to think there might be an ulterior motive for the apparently light policing at the crucial moment the highest risk Palace fans being at the entrance to the ground. I quickly dismiss it as paranoia but then think that if they are prepared to make outrageous fibs about knives and knuckledusters just what else are they also prepared to do?

This is the same police force after all that decided to march Palace fans past a load of Brighton pubs on the way to the station in 2011 rather than via a sidestreet and then posted up pictures of Brighton fans involved in the predictable aggro.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It's also made me start to think there might be an ulterior motive for the apparently light policing at the crucial moment the highest risk Palace fans being at the entrance to the ground. I quickly dismiss it as paranoia but then think that if they are prepared to make outrageous fibs about knives and knuckledusters just what else are they also prepared to do?

This is the same police force after all that decided to march Palace fans past a load of Brighton pubs on the way to the station in 2011 rather than via a sidestreet and then posted up pictures of Brighton fans involved in the predictable aggro.

I also have a nose for conspiracy at the best of times, but this just stinks of incompetance. My guess is that even the lie was a cock up rather than anything thought through.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
The only screaming for a policeman happened at Elland Road. Millwall did bit of 'hold me back' gesturing across the segregated area, but nothing worse than that.
I do believe your CEO had to pay for plumbing repairs for damaged toilets in 2013.

Likewise with your lot at Selhurst.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here