Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Sit down or risk losing seat warning*

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Perhaps the solution is to adopt the safety techniques from the rides at theme parks - everyone in the row sits down, then a restraining bar is lowered onto the laps of the whole row.

Not only will this stop the feckers standing up, but will also resolve the early leavers issue as the restraining bar will not released until all the players have left the pitch.

Incontinent pants for the weak-bladdered will also be available on the concourses.

Sorted ....

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Perhaps the solution is to adopt the safety techniques from the rides at theme parks - everyone in the row sits down, then a restraining bar is lowered onto the laps of the whole row.

Not only will this stop the feckers standing up, but will also resolve the early leavers issue as the restraining bar will not released until all the players have left the pitch.

Incontinent pants for the weak-bladdered will also be available on the concourses.

Sorted ....

There's one bloke on our row who would need four sets of incontinence pants, as he goes at least twice during a match, arrives slightly late and leaves slightly early.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Can't you sing while you're sitting down? I know it interferes with the diaphragm, but I'm not sure that matters too much in a rendition of "stand up if you hate Palace"...

Sorry but there are a good section of supporters who cannot abide sitting down to watch the Albion and I am one of them. Most of us reside in the North where the atmosphere is the best, and where all the vocal support is generated. The place would be a morgue without the NS roar, and no one wants that. I hope.

:albion2:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Sorry but there are a good section of supporters who cannot abide sitting down to watch the Albion and I am one of them. Most of us reside in the North where the atmosphere is the best, and where all the vocal support is generated. The place would be a morgue without the NS roar, and no one wants that. I hope.

Just as long as you STAY in the North Stand, that's absolutely fine.

gordycom

Mar 17, 2013
Brighton
One time me and my 15 year old son sat in the west stand and the guy in front said our singing was too loud and his little daughter didn't like it so we had to swap seats so we weren't bellowing in her ear. Thank god for the north stand, where you can sing and stand!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
One time me and my 15 year old son sat in the west stand and the guy in front said our singing was too loud and his little daughter didn't like it so we had to swap seats so we weren't bellowing in her ear. Thank god for the north stand, where you can sing and stand!
Yep happened to me first season in the west, whenever singing started, kids and guardians would just turn around and stare! And if I stood for more than 5 seconds when something was unfolding on the pitch, you'd hear "sit down"! Same in east upper, My dad got told off for "over celebrating" by a good for nothing steward once, and god forbid dont swear! FFS IT'S A FOOTBALL MATCH! SOME OF US MAKE A DAY OF IT, IT'S THE ONE THING WE LOOK FORWARD TO AFTER WORKING ALL WEEK FOR IDIOT CUSTOMER'S! if you sit on your hands in silence, arrive just before KO, leave before the end of the game to beat the queues, just keep your mouths shut throughout the game and let the rest of us enjoy ourselves!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

Hey, I go in the North Stand, sit and sing and add to the atmosphere - which is clever of me as I am clearly a cadaver!

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Hey, I go in the North Stand, sit and sing and add to the atmosphere - which is clever of me as I am clearly a cadaver!

Happy for sitting singers to continue in the NS, no matter your mortal status. Do you identify as Zombie, Walking Dead or as Pulse Challenged? No matter, all are welcome. Standing in the North from the back down and sitting from the front up, the two shall meet harmoniously in the middle somewhere, by mutual accord.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Me too. There seems to be some myth that you can't sit down and sing, which is nonsense.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
The Kop at Liverpool seems to have "special dispensation" for standing. The whole lot seem to be permanently on their feet behind that goal.

I've been on The Kop, some league cup semi final about 5 years ago. Yes everyone stood which was fine but at half time I tried to sit down and quickly realised I couldn't. My seat when put down wedged against the seat in front, sitting was not an option!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here