Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Sit down or risk losing seat warning*

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
I’d love to be able to stand all game but no longer can.

At away games I’ve never had a problem even at those grounds which “insist” you use your ‘ticketed’ location. A polite word with someone who is standing near the front has always resulted in an exchange.

I wonder if something similar might work for those who can no longer stand but have someone standing in front of them at home games.

Whilst STs are in such demand it’s not that easy to change location officially.

theboybilly

Our you could move to east, west or south where everyone sits down...

Which is exactly what I've done (WSL) All those advocating moving to the front haven't had the dubious pleasure of trying to squeeze into the space between the seat and the wall at the front at either Molineux or Old Trafford. What is more remarkable is the ignorance shown by many of our supporters who just take the piss.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Football supporters have been sent a letter warning them to sit down during matches or risk losing their seat.

Norwich City said it is under "direct threat of having capacity reduced" after being told standing levels in its all-seater stadium was "unacceptable".

Fans in one section of its Carrow Road ground have been told to stay seated at their next home game on Saturday.

A club spokesman said it issued the ultimatum after consultation with the body that grants safety certificates.

He added the Championship club had been working with the Norfolk Safety Advisory Group to "tackle an issue with persistent standing in Block A of the lower Barclay Stand this season".

This follows very strong complaints from season ticket holders in that area whose views of the game have been partially or wholly obstructed for long periods due to people persistently standing in front of them," he said.

This is what is wrong with football in this day and age

People who insist on standing when they are supposed to sit is what is wrong with football in this day and age!

I'm sorry but if fans in the row in front of me at the Amex stood during games blocking my view l would be vey upset indeed. And no before anyone asks, I don't travel away, where l know fans stand throughout the game.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
This happens at the Amex especially in NS behind the goal, inconsiderate people standing up for 5-10 mins with no consideration for those whose view they are obstructing, i have some arthritis in my legs and cant stand up for long periods why should i be put at a disadvantage when i have paid my ST money its just being selfish, everyone should accept the best thing for everyone is to sit down.

You've got 3 other stands to choose from where you're guaranteed to sit down for 90 minutes.

Stop trying to ruin it for other people you selfish tosser :wanker:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
This happens at the Amex especially in NS behind the goal, inconsiderate people standing up for 5-10 mins with no consideration for those whose view they are obstructing, i have some arthritis in my legs and cant stand up for long periods why should i be put at a disadvantage when i have paid my ST money its just being selfish, everyone should accept the best thing for everyone is to sit down.

Move, you should know unofficially people want to stand in the North. If you didn’t, then you must be a JCL. Or if you could only get a seat in the north, again, you’re a JCL. Had plenty of years to move around the stadium if noisey standing isn’t you’re cuppa. It’s ironic you call people selfish when I’d say you’re epitomising that for expecting the world to revolve around your perspective.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
People who insist on standing when they are supposed to sit is what is wrong with football in this day and age!

I'm sorry but if fans in the row in front of me at the Amex stood during games blocking my view l would be vey upset indeed. And no before anyone asks, I don't travel away, where l know fans stand throughout the game.

I consider being made to sit, when my natural instinct is to be up on my feet, is inconsiderate and what is wrong with football in this day and age. You're advocating the lack of choice because of a bogus report I presume?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Move, you should know unofficially people want to stand in the North. If you didn’t, then you must be a JCL. Or if you could only get a seat in the north, again, you’re a JCL. Had plenty of years to move around the stadium if noisey standing isn’t you’re cuppa. It’s ironic you call people selfish when I’d say you’re epitomising that for expecting the world to revolve around your perspective.

The north stand has the cheapest seats, so it could be economics rather than being a jcl.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Just stick all the boring f***ers down the front

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Why are you calling supporters who want to sit in a seat they have paid for "boring''. Does standing up miraculously make you interesting?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Why are you calling supporters who want to sit in a seat they have paid for "boring''. Does standing up miraculously make you interesting?
[emoji848]Erm..... hmmm..... errrr.... yes!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Go and sit in the family stand you miserable old fart

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
The group I go with used to sit roughly where we sit now (the NS, just to the side of the goal about midway up), then we moved to the corner of the North, before moving back as we decided we couldn't abide sitting down the whole game (and the total lack of atmosphere that that brings with it). We've ended up back in the same area that our original seats were in and I don't think I've sat down for any portion of any game since.

I'm not sure what my point is - maybe it's that I'm one of the selfish standers (although everyone around me stands) or maybe it's that we all have a choice to move seats to sit/stand as we choose. Either way, I can't honestly say I've had anything approaching a safety issue in my years of standing at football grounds.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here