Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] £1million profit from the Liverpool match

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
You dont get any confirmation the seat has sold but just expect a voucher in the post. Mine turned up today for the Liverpool game I sold on the exchange

Enjoy spending some of the millions !

Ok, cheers , looking forward to a spend up in the club shop!

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
More important to have a successful businessman as CEO than a fan

I totally agree; however, I don't particularly enjoy seeing the '' sugar coating'' of a 5-1 home defeat with Dollar signs. Sides like Liverpool are capable of doing that to anyone on their day we know that and the side will bounce back I am sure of it.

Feeling the pain of a defeat can be fruitful because it makes you appreciate the victories more.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Doesn't surprise me tbh , the amount of bobble hats flying off the shelves was incredible , think i spent around £80-90 in the shop on bits and bobs for Xmas gifts , never seen a queue like it to get into a shop apart from a january sale .

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

To put it in context though, in the year the club was last promoted to the top flight (1978/9) total income for the whole year was £979,000, less than was generated from the Liverpool game last weekend.

wow!

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Plenty of extra money dropped elsewhere by those drinking the drubbing away.
I also managed to drop £20 at trollburger which proved to be the highlight of the day. That fellow knows burgers.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I think there's a bit of muddling in the club statement.

£1m income would seem more appropriate, given that profit is income less costs, I don't see how the club would have had a million left over after paying wages, stewarding, transport, electricity etc.

To put it in context though, in the year the club was last promoted to the top flight (1978/9) total income for the whole year was £979,000, less than was generated from the Liverpool game last weekend.

Err, yes....... But that £979k was cash I presume and Diane Abbott's mum was the accountant?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I would have thought the club know the difference between the two though? If someone who knows the accounts has not proof read the article it is, at best, incompetent from them.
It's just the usual bollocks journalism. Nothing to do with the club who stated it as income, not profit.

Or is the club now responsible for every article written about it? Transfer rumours, team selection hypothesis, "five things Brighton can learn from..." and all the other rubbish. I think not.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
It's just the usual bollocks journalism. Nothing to do with the club who stated it as income, not profit.

Or is the club now responsible for every article written about it? Transfer rumours, team selection hypothesis, "five things Brighton can learn from..." and all the other rubbish. I think not.

Erm...it is a club release (from the Head of Media & Communications) on the club website.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
From memory, club turnover in a typical year at Withdean was in the region of £4.5m. Some journey.

This match had so much profile. There were a couple dozen photographers on the pitch waiting for the teams to appear, in two organised scrums. It used to be a couple if we were lucky.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I totally agree; however, I don't particularly enjoy seeing the '' sugar coating'' of a 5-1 home defeat with Dollar signs. Sides like Liverpool are capable of doing that to anyone on their day we know that and the side will bounce back I am sure of it.

Feeling the pain of a defeat can be fruitful because it makes you appreciate the victories more.

At least we're better than Spartak Moscow.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Previous Albion income when in top division for the whole season.

2DE2A325-7C9D-4828-898B-8E6BB79105A8.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here