Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] £1million profit from the Liverpool match

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
To put it in context though, in the year the club was last promoted to the top flight (1978/9) total income for the whole year was £979,000, less than was generated from the Liverpool game last weekend.

Doesn't really put it in context though, comparing seasonal income at 1978/9 prices with income from a single match nearly 40 years later.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
They are responsible when its directly from them, like this is!

Yeah I made a right bollocks of that didn't I. Presumed it was an Argus article. You're right, very poor that the club let that out.

Mea culpa and all that. :ffsparr:

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Yet how much more money could be generated if more pop up beer stations were around.
The only way of getting a beer at half time is if you leave 10 mins before halftime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
Doesn't really put it in context though, comparing seasonal income at 1978/9 prices with income from a single match nearly 40 years later.

**** me, you need to take a rest. The context is exactly what you've said: 1 game v 1 season separated by 40 years. Most of us can see it for what it is and enjoy the mild absurdity without getting het up. I find that's a good way to handle life on here.

The perfect absurdity is that I have let your dyspeptic contribution wind me up.

Physician, go heal thyself :facepalm:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here