Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] The Christmas number one

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Do they still have the charts then ? Must admit, its completely off my radar these days. I could not tell you who's been Christmas no1 since....

...I can't even remember. Cliff ?

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
Oh please not this heavy metal crap for losers, people with ‘issues ‘ and for people with no dress sense. It would be nice as a tribute to George Michael one year on from his passing as his Christmas song being number 1.

Is that the lyrics of verse 1? There seems to be an awful lot of shouting and I couldn’t really make them out. A very catchy chorus though.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I don't really think people care that much about Christmas number one these days. I don't think they care too much about the X-Factor either, to be honest.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
This idea was brilliant when the bloke on Facebook got Rage Against the Machine to number 1, but everyone has since jumped on the bandwagon (excuse the pun)

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Sorry to be old but Christmas number 1 used to be such a big thing and part of my Christmas past, they got there on vinyl records sold, part of many things I loved about 70's and 80's Christmas.
In fact waiting for all the number 1's which were then on TOTP.
Maybe it still is as big, I don't know but it doesn't seem the same, kids don't really seem to care who it is.
George Micheal being number 1 is a good shout though.
#oldfart.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Sorry to be old but Christmas number 1 used to be such a big thing and part of my Christmas past, they got there on vinyl records sold, part of many things I loved about 70's and 80's Christmas.
Maybe it still is as big, I don't know but it doesn't seem the same, kids don't really seem to care who it is.
#oldfart.

I was going to give you a thumbs up, but your George Michael comment is so last Christmas

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
#oldfart.

Im totally with you on this, and to think you had to SELL 1 million vinyl records to be number 1. That is actually get off your fat arse kids and go to the shops to buy it, not sit on your fat arse and buy it off the internet.

#AnotherOldFart

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
The way that the charts are calculated now (downloads, streaming) mean that it it's much harder to get a record to number one with a campaign these days. Either a huge number of people would have to buy it (more than any other track this year, probably) or lots of people would need to stream it constantly, too.

This sort of campaign would get a record maybe into the lower reaches of the top 40 now. Save your money.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here