Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Are you ready for Christmas?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Fully prepared, no decorations up, already bored with all Xmas TV ads.

However looking forward to the 2 week Xmas TV guide to see what rubbish is on and then deciding which box set to watch instead

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I'm never sure what it means. Ready?

Christmas is about celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ, what is there to be ready?

In terms of the commercial side of Christmas, we are fairly well advanced - both daughters and both grandchildren will be with is on Christmas day, which will be very nice.

But in terms of what it is all about, I'm with you. I always semi-resent the mad rush. Our younger daughter has said, though, that she is really excited about coming back to take her 8 month-old son to Church on Sunday morning....... and she is not particularly religious.

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
Mostly done. Gifts to wrap still and food slot and order booked online. Just got to wait for it to be delivered.....

Merry Christmas everyone :xmas:

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
Having a big family Christmas dinner tonight as they all fly to the US next week. Tree is all sorted, picked out by littlelun...Loads going on, Huddersfield tomorrow, then the Burnley game, Panto on the 22nd, then Watford game. Stage show of Grease on the 24th, Chelsea on Boxing Day amongst other stuff.. Love Christmas since having kids. Great fun.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
How are people getting on?

Decorations: we finally got round to buying a tree yesterday. The joyous day of decorating was ruined by arguing kids and a six month old Labrador who's not seen a tree in the house before.
Presents: I've not bought a thing yet. I intend to blitz Amazon at some point today and let Prime be my friend, although I reckon I'll have to brave central Brighton at some point this week. Not looking forward to that.
Food and stuff: pencilling in a pre-dawn raid on Thursday as it's the only morning this week where I'm unlikely to be hungover.

Readiness: c20%.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Glad I'm not the only person who feels like telling people to **** off when they ask that!

Ahhh! more of the spirit of the season pervading our lives. A season sparked by a man that gave his life for the people of this world and asked to be emulated. Isn't it grand when his followers act so much like him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here