Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Are you ready for Christmas?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Almost done. I have very little to worry about really. The wife put up the tree and decorations whilst I was at the Liverpool game. I get the wife 3 decent presents which go under the tree and a stocking containing 10 pieces of tat, socks, shower gel, chocolate and such.

I also organise all the food for the christmas period so we don't have to leave the house, this will be done around 21st and I'll spend most of my time sat at home playing games with whoever turns up

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Yes thanks. The sprouts are bubbling away nicely. Hopefully they will be ready for the big day!
Depends. I've obviously had mine on since Bonfire Night, but even that's a bit late for some purists. Remember the old saying:

"If sprouts you want on Christmas Day,
Best to put them on in May"

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Just the wrapping to do. All food and presents brought, tree and decs up - Christmas music on low and the mulled wine in a saucepan on the stove.

Ok the last bit isn't true, i cant stand mulled wine.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I'm 0% done, no plans for Boxing day. Even had our company Christmas do yesterday evening, and our team xmas lunch / beers tomorrow afternoon.

Work is absolutely manic that I am struggling to even find some days holiday to use up! Busy every weekend until Xmas now... not ideal.

I can see the week running up being very busy. Ideally I'd take the 22nd off, but feel that is a bit to last minute to be getting started.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'm never sure what it means. Ready?

Christmas is about celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ, what is there to be ready?

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
0% ready. Moved house on Tuesday from Lincolnshire to Suffolk . Had major surgery on stomach 3 weeks ago and spend 2 weeks in hospital, so the timing of move wasn't great. Now trying to unpack everything whilst not being able to lift much more than a kettle :annoyed: Haven't even had chance to get any cards yet .

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Genuinely don't think about it until around the 16th

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here