Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Current NSC Advertising

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Can you post a screenshot please so I can forward it to the ad network.
There's nothing to post: there's supposed to be an add at the bottom of the page and if that add is HMV, your browser automatically sends you to the bottom of the page.

Just testing at the moment to try and understand it better:

Note: Current testing with Microsoft Edge, but same happened with Chrome

Bingo:
So I just keep opening tabs and pasting the web address, and each one behaves until the HMV add is at the bottom, and you get directed there.
Note, there are two sets of adds at the bottom - one underneath the 'Post New Thread' button, and then another under the 'Thread Display Options'.
The one I can see causing the problem at the moment is the latter (showing an HMV ad).

Another test:
Opened a new tab and directed to the Big Board, quickly scrolled to the bottom to see if the ad was HMV (as it doesn't happen when it's not) and it was, so I scrolled back up, highlighted a thread to get a preview and then left it, and it still auto scrolled to the bottom.

Last edited:

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I'm using Chrome on a mac and I don't see any ads at all. Adblocker is turned off for NSC.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's not just on the home page, it's within threads too. If you open a thread and the ad at the bottom is HMV, it sends you there. Come back up to read the thread? No chance, like a demanding lover you you're sent back down.

A couple of minutes later, I still can't scroll up, it's completely ****ed.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's not just on the home page, it's within threads too. If you open a thread and the ad at the bottom is HMV, it sends you there. Come back up to read the thread? No chance, like a demanding lover you you're sent back down.

A couple of minutes later, I still can't scroll up, it's completely ****ed.

Of the two ads at the bottom is it the top one or the bottom one?

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Yeah, I just resurrected the 'Ad blocker' thread to note that it had happened to me. In November it used to be the Diesel ad, that went and it's been ok for a month. Now HMV and Jacamo are doing it.

EDIT: And fwiw I'm always logged in and I always use Chrome And always on a desktop.

Its the same two Ads for me.... both effectively hijack my PC (Firefox/Windows) forcing the window to keep scrolling back to the Ad.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I didn't get HMV, but I had it multiple times for some other random company I'd never heard of. To be honest, I don't mind waiting the five seconds until it said 'skip ad', but it kept doing it again and again on certain pages, so I was never actually able to read the threads.

Hasn't happened for a couple of days though (I'm using Safari on an iMac, if that helps?).

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Mine has started doing this. I'm working on a PC today :sick: Windows 7 Pro SP1 and Chrome Version 61.0.3163.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Not always, but sometimes on threads the page will scroll straight tot he bottom, when I scroll up, it does back down. Currently NOT doing it on an EE advert. I'll report back with adverts it does do it for.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Hasn't happened for a couple of days though (I'm using Safari on an iMac, if that helps?).

And that's the relevant point. Since using a mac you aren't getting the ad problem... now, what does Bozza use again? Or maybe I misread?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here