Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] All Those Away Trips!

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
I must be just north of 130 now for 'grounds for Albion League games'. This only counts once the same ground for two home clubs (e.g Upton Park, Priestfield, etc), but does remove the 1976 start-date and so includes Barrow, Southport, etc. I must say the grounds were a lot more unique and interesting back then .....and wetter.

However, what keeps me awake at night is this question: is Spurs new construction a 'new ground' for this count or just a displaced old one?

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
I think mine stands at 164

81 current
29 old grounds
1 x Wembley
1 x Millenium Stadium
12 abroad in pre season friendlies etc (Portugal, France & Ireland)
40 non league (mix of teams dropping out the league plus pre season friendlies)

I now have 11 League grounds still to do with Brighton and they are Everton, Spurs at Wembley*, Man City at the Ethihad*, Oxfords new ground, Chesterfields New Ground*, Fleetwood*, Accrington Stanley*, Newport County*, Morecambe*, Wimbledon* & Forest Green Rovers* . (* dont think Albion have ever played there yet?, been to Wimbledons home ground but not to see the Albion play Wimbledon!!)

Grounds visited but now demolished or not used are
West Ham, Arsenal, Brighton x 2 (Goldstone & Withdean), Coventry, Derby, Oxford, Stoke, Hull, Reading, Millwall, Colchester, Northampton, Walsall, Wigan, Bristol Rovers, Sunderland, Doncaster, Man City, Leicester, Shrewsbury, Middlesborough, Bolton, Southampton, Swansea, Huddersfield, Cardiff, Wimbledon & Chesterfield.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I think mine stands at 164

81 current
29 old grounds
1 x Wembley
1 x Millenium Stadium
12 abroad in pre season friendlies etc (Portugal, France & Ireland)
40 non league (mix of teams dropping out the league plus pre season friendlies)

I now have 11 League grounds still to do with Brighton and they are Everton, Spurs at Wembley*, Man City at the Ethihad*, Oxfords new ground, Chesterfields New Ground*, Fleetwood*, Accrington Stanley*, Newport County*, Morecambe*, Wimbledon* & Forest Green Rovers* . (* dont think Albion have ever played there yet?, been to Wimbledons home ground but not to see the Albion play Wimbledon!!)

Grounds visited but now demolished or not used are
West Ham, Arsenal, Brighton x 2 (Goldstone & Withdean), Coventry, Derby, Oxford, Stoke, Hull, Reading, Millwall, Colchester, Northampton, Walsall, Wigan, Bristol Rovers, Sunderland, Doncaster, Man City, Leicester, Shrewsbury, Middlesborough, Bolton, Southampton, Swansea, Huddersfield, Cardiff, Wimbledon & Chesterfield.

I think that's going to be tough for anyone to better, Mark.

Just one point, Brighton have not played at Wimbledon's current ground (Kingsmeadow) in a competitive game but have in a pre-season friendly. (And against Kingstonian (which may have been what you were referring to?)).

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
128 grounds with Brighton
Includes League, League Cup, FA Cup
Excludes friendlys and the teapot.

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011

Just one point, Brighton have not played at Wimbledon's current ground (Kingsmeadow) in a competitive game but have in a pre-season friendly. (And against Kingstonian (which may have been what you were referring to?)).

we played v Kingstonian in the FA cup at Kingsmeadow

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Don't forget Darlington - I know they've reformed but haven't a clue what league they are in now
National league north. They were in the play offs last year but could not take part because they didn't have enough covered seats (you need 500 in national league). It feels a long time ago that they were talked about in the same sentence as asprilla. I am not just an anorak - I follow a ten in national league north.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017

We played there last year in Checkatrade - does that count?

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Just out of (friendly) interest, what's the story behind an Aldershot fan posting on an Albion message board?

No problem AZ . I know an Albion fan from my home town who posts on here and a few others. If i had any spare Saturdays and could get cheap train travel i'd pop along for a decent day out . All who travelled were decent folk . Seen Albion off the top of my head at Hereford [that game] Bradford ,Plymouth,Pompey ,Pissfield ,Goldstone,Withdean,The Amex,Palace,Bournemouth,Sheff Utd,Ipswich 3 times,Leeds,Reading,Cheltenham,Yeovil,Aldershot and Le Harve. Also enjoyed a couple of jollys to Salzburg and Cologne for non Football.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
No problem AZ . I know an Albion fan from my home town who posts on here and a few others. If i had any spare Saturdays and could get cheap train travel i'd pop along for a decent day out . All who travelled were decent folk . Seen Albion off the top of my head at Hereford [that game] Bradford ,Plymouth,Pompey ,Pissfield ,Goldstone,Withdean,The Amex,Palace,Bournemouth,Sheff Utd,Ipswich 3 times,Leeds,Reading,Cheltenham,Yeovil,Aldershot and Le Harve. Also enjoyed a couple of jollys to Salzburg and Cologne for non Football.

Good to hear. I hope Aberystwyth can avoid relegation from the Welsh Premier League this season. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here