Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] WBA Away Tickets

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Just ordered 2 tickets , one for me , for my lad (xmas present) and booked a train journey
Train Tickets - Marylebone to Hawthorns - really cheap at the moment.

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
There was some discussion of travel arrangements earlier in the thread.

For those who have done this before.....

Is it correct that the quickest way back after the game to New Street would be to get the Metro ? Because the train would require changing somewhere.

And, roughly how much queuing time is needed to get on the Metro straight after the game ?

Thanks for any help here.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Is it correct that the quickest way back after the game to New Street would be to get the Metro ? Because the train would require changing somewhere.

And, roughly how much queuing time is needed to get on the Metro straight after the game ?

From the football ground guide:

"The Hawthorns has its own Railway and Metro Station which are about a five minute walk from the Hawthorns ground. They can be reached from Birmingham New Street, either by first taking a train to Smethwick Galton Bridge and changing there for the Hawthorns, or by taking a Metro Tram (which run every eight minutes on Saturday afternoons) from directly outside New Street Station. Total journey time by train is around 20-25 minutes, whilst the Metro is around 13 minutes.

Alternatively the Hawthorns Station is also served by direct trains from Birmingham Moor Street and Birmingham Snow Hill. The Metro Line also runs via Birmingham Snow Hill."

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
From the football ground guide:

"The Hawthorns has its own Railway and Metro Station which are about a five minute walk from the Hawthorns ground. They can be reached from Birmingham New Street, either by first taking a train to Smethwick Galton Bridge and changing there for the Hawthorns, or by taking a Metro Tram (which run every eight minutes on Saturday afternoons) from directly outside New Street Station. Total journey time by train is around 20-25 minutes, whilst the Metro is around 13 minutes.

Alternatively the Hawthorns Station is also served by direct trains from Birmingham Moor Street and Birmingham Snow Hill. The Metro Line also runs via Birmingham Snow Hill."

The train is quicker than the tram. Moor Street station is virtually next door to New Street station. The train stop before Moor Street is Snow Hill. It will be almost as quick to get off the train at Snow Hill and leg it across the City Centre via Colmore Row, St Phillips Square and Temple Street.

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
Thanks East Staffs. You live there so I'm sure you're right. The football ground guide must be a little hopeful when it says the tram is 13 minutes because the walk from Snow Hill to New Street must be nearly 10 minutes. ( Google says 11..)

Guess it also depends on the queues for the train and tram.

Cheers.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Sold out :'(

The Hawthornes will continue to be the only ground in the West Midlands that I haven't seen us play at. Hopefully I'll be able to get a Stoke ticket.

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
Thanks East Staffs. You live there so I'm sure you're right. The football ground guide must be a little hopeful when it says the tram is 13 minutes because the walk from Snow Hill to New Street must be nearly 10 minutes. ( Google says 11..)

Guess it also depends on the queues for the train and tram.

Cheers.

Google shows a rather circuitous route to the far entrance of the station. If you follow the route that I described via Temple Street, it should take 5-6 minutes. And, on reflection, I’d definitely get off at Snow Hill and walk down to New Street rather than stay on until Moor Street.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Reading the Football Ground guide, West Brom can put up a steel wall, to stop away fans going in a certain direction after the game, so allow a bit more time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here