Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Cloud Storage

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
It is a good offering if you only need photos stored but as you say, videos, music etc would need to go elsewhere and you would be splitting archives across different platforms. A bit messy. Also, as I now know, any 'unlimited' offering is only unlimited until it isn't any longer. Microsoft One Drive and now Amazon Cloud Drive both used to be unlimited, and now withdrawn. Who knows if Prime Photos will go the same way?

I want both - backup and availability! Cloud works well as an offsite backup, removing risks such as hardware failure or fire/theft. I also like the accessibility from anywhere.

Totally agree, these nefarious providers can change the Ts and Cs once you have committed the time and effort. I do still have a local NAS but without a cloud copy it isn't as fail safe as it could be.

I also use Flickr, it works well as storage for JPGs but won't accept videos over 1Gb.

I remember the days when HDD capacity used to double in size every year. Seems like spindle drives have peaked now and the technology has moved on to solid state drives, building them up again from smaller capacities. I guess in a few years time 10Tb SSDs will be cheap as chips.

First PC hard drive was 10meg (not gig)....and that seemed big...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here