Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Help please: any Builders on NSC that fix damp?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Hi, would love to know if this is a fair price or a bit on the steep?

1st floor bedroom has damp coming through the wall. Will need scaffold putting up therefore.

Remove old plaster and allow to dry, rig up scaffold, remove old damp blown render and allow to dry, tray areas with sealer, replace render, replace plaster and clean up / remove debris.

£1400 total for labour and materials - is that about right? He’s been recommended by another tradesman and not sure if there’s a bit of referral commission perhaps going on!

Anyway, as usual the sage advice of NSC shall determine where I go from here! :) Thank you in advance!

I now have an advert for Jackwells plastering and another for second hand portable buildings .

No help granted but thought I'd mention it

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
I reckon it’s about the right price if scaffolding is involved. It’s what I’d expect to pay however obviously I’ve no idea how much plaster and render is being removed and replaced.

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010

1st floor bedroom has damp coming through the wall. Will need scaffold putting up therefore.

Remove old plaster and allow to dry, rig up scaffold, remove old damp blown render and allow to dry, tray areas with sealer, replace render, replace plaster and clean up / remove debris.

£1400 total for labour and materials - is that about right? He’s been recommended by another tradesman and not sure if there’s a bit of referral commission perhaps going on!

Anyway, as usual the sage advice of NSC shall determine where I go from here! :) Thank you in advance!
price sounds about right but happy to quote if want another price??

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Hi, I can give you the name of a guy I use :)

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)

Where do you live? PM me if you don't want to say on main board.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
WIll cost best part of £500 for scaffolding one elevation of a 3 bed semi but depends on how much blown render there is and what needs to come off on the inside etc.. if its a couple of patches, its a lot, if its half the house it sounds about right. Are they recomended and not just a cowboy that works for Bodgit and Scarper....???

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here