Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] So what does the defensive wall do now?

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
Easy. Use one more person whose job is to lie down behind the wall.

I am amazed I am not in football management as I am a tactical genius.

I would love to see that :lolol:

I got you fam.

4387551.jpg
Jogador-deita-na-barreira.jpg
ponte.jpg

and Liverpool themselves.

3D18791A00000578-4215190-image-a-4_1486898991091.jpg

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
A friend of mine is convinced that walls are outdated and teams should stop using them, they obstruct the view of the keeper and it would be better to just have defenders marking players as there is as much chance of the attacker hitting one of them as hitting the wall.

Even if the attacking team then decide to build a wall then to obscure the keeper, this would reduce the number of attackers available and the defenders could still mark them, but a little deeper to block anything that is passed in to them, or if they jump out of the way.

I understand his point, but I'm not convinced. It would be a brave manager who decides to buck the trend of building a wall.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
A friend of mine is convinced that walls are outdated and teams should stop using them, they obstruct the view of the keeper and it would be better to just have defenders marking players as there is as much chance of the attacker hitting one of them as hitting the wall.

Even if the attacking team then decide to build a wall then to obscure the keeper, this would reduce the number of attackers available and the defenders could still mark them, but a little deeper to block anything that is passed in to them, or if they jump out of the way.

I understand his point, but I'm not convinced. It would be a brave manager who decides to buck the trend of building a wall.

It’s you really isn't it

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
They were discussing this on 5Live last night. The suggestion was that given the position of the free kick they shouldn't be jumping as it would be one hell of an effort to get it over the wall and down again from there.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Reminding me we've been here before:-

http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...ate-re-free-kicks-and-player-walls&highlight=

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
Easy. Use one more person whose job is to lie down behind the wall.

I am amazed I am not in football management as I am a tactical genius.

We did something similar last season with Knocky knelt behind the wall.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Drive a Brighton and Hove bus company double decker on to the white line marked by the referee and engage 'park'.

This one should do the job...........

Attachments

• triple-decker-bus.jpg
    triple-decker-bus.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 164

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here