Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Liverpool Away Fans

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire
Lad next to me who bought my spare ST as listed on the exchange. Turns out lifelong Liverpool fan studying at the UNI. Only sussed this when he started filming their goal celebrations and said to me that's our best result this season so far. To be fair he kept himself to himself and didn't cause aggro so fine by me. Plus he earnt me a club voucher to spend !

kentgully

Jan 10, 2016
Worthing
For the Liverpool home game I was sat in east stand lower near to the Liverpool fans. Next to me were an eastern european couple, he had a liverpool scarf around his neck that he tried to keep hidden and they were filming the Liverpool players and fans when they scored, in the row behind were two lads quietely clapping and smiling when Liverpool scored and a family of four also sat nearby who were clearly Liverpool fans.

None of them caused any trouble or acted like c**ks but how did they all get tickets in a home fans area?

They had my ticket .....Bronze member, was told it was sold out, whats the point in a membership

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
good friend who I play golf with is a liverpool fan, has lived in Brighton all his life and has a ST and has for years.

He sits in the East Stand with his mates and family every game and would have been supporting Liverpool

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I bought a ticket for an away fan once. Shoved them in the East Lower next to the away fans. Maybe that is what has happened here. ST holders buying for mates.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
That they have stopped two Brighton fans from attending? WSU is a home stand, I don’t want to be sat next to Liverpool supporters.

But that happens every game.

We know that our support didn't magically increase six-fold almost overnight. Not every Amex STH was a Withdean regular or a lapsed fan who stopped going to the Goldstone in about 1981. A large number of Amex STHs don't have Brighton as their first club. They go and they support Brighton nearly all of the time, but when we're playing 'their' team they switch allegiance. So every week there are people taking the places of Brighton fans!

It's a good thing. Firstly because over time they may become full Brighton fans (I did), and secondly because if they didn't go, yes there would be loads of room for 'real' Brighton fans, but the ground would be about half-empty.

N17

Jun 21, 2011
I will be in home seats when you play Spurs. Bound to get rumbled as I know so many BHA ST holders but I will be keeping my head down and keeping my trap firmly closed.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
You'd be surprised how many companies purchased blocks of four post-Withdean, I know of two companies whose owners frequently "forget" to use the tickets, just the way of the World.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I’m always in the home ends at away games. Stop your moaning!

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

We know that our support didn't magically increase six-fold almost overnight. Not every Amex STH was a Withdean regular or a lapsed fan who stopped going to the Goldstone in about 1981. A large number of Amex STHs don't have Brighton as their first club. They go and they support Brighton nearly all of the time, but when we're playing 'their' team they switch allegiance. So every week there are people taking the places of Brighton fans!

It's a good thing. Firstly because over time they may become full Brighton fans (I did), and secondly because if they didn't go, yes there would be loads of room for 'real' Brighton fans, but the ground would be about half-empty.

The ones behind me were Liverpool fans on their first visit. No interest in Brighton.

el punal

Aren't some of us here being a bit precious? Albion fans do exactly the same in reverse - getting tickets in the home end when we play away. Think of Villa away last season, there must have been thousands of Albion fans all over Villa Park, maybe not in the Holte End! Providing you behave yourselves and don't do a Billy Big Bollocks act then everyone's happy.

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea

That’s me that is. And now, as you say, Brighton is the only team for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I sorted a guest ticket in the WSU for a Watford supporting mate of mine for our game in a couple of weeks.

Sue me.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That they have stopped two Brighton fans from attending? WSU is a home stand, I don’t want to be sat next to Liverpool supporters.

But you'd never be critical of Albion fans sitting amongst home fans at away games.

= Double standards.

No harm done on Saturday, the way it should be, in contrast to the juvenile cocks a week ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here