Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Parents who consistently take their kids to school late !!!! 1 bullet behind the ear ?

Jan 30, 2008
I pass the same young couple every morning walking their 3 kids to school and every morning they are 10 mins late. Winds me up. Would it matter if one of the parents was actually killed so the other parent bucked their ideas up ? Actually a serious question.
some parents complaining about the get a grip campaign at COUNTY HALL IN LEWES TODAY aimed at GETTING PARENTS TO REDUCE THEIR CHILDRENS absence for minor excuses , sounds like the parents need to get a grip imho
regards
DR

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
At my local school you can set your watch by the same children and parents walking in late. As the OP points out, they are usually the same amount of time late each day, so indeed, why not get up 10/15 minutes earlier each day?

I also wonder whether it can in part be a cultural thing. I know some cultures don't put any emphasis or importance on time keeping.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
At my local school you can set your watch by the same children and parents walking in late. As the OP points out, they are usually the same amount of time late each day, so indeed, why not get up 10/15 minutes earlier each day?

I also wonder whether it can in part be a cultural thing. I know some cultures don't put any emphasis or importance on time keeping.

Really? The late kids at our *nipper's school are white and 'local'. Like me. Have you just racially slurred me? ???

*who is NEVER late

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If the register was taken at the correct time would these late comers not be classed as absent and subsequently action could be taken against the parents for non attendance. I am surprised the children arent ridiculed by their class mates and taken the mickey out of as children can be cruel.

Last edited:

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Really? The late kids at our *nipper's school are white and 'local'. Like me. Have you just racially slurred me? ???

*who is NEVER late
I would say the late children were 50:50, local to non-local, and as the school is probably 70% local children, the amount from different cultures is disproportionate. Here endeth the mathematical explanation!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
This has mild Gold potential. Very enjoyable thread.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

Is being a Chav cultural...

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Chris Boardman's latest rant around this issue is interesting.

He's been getting agitated by proud school's showing off pictures of their children all kitted out in new safety gear for walking/riding to and from school.
His argument being all it does is pander to poor drivers in their deathboxes (my word not his) and not actually get to the route cause of the issue, that being children shouldn't need to be lit up like a Christmas tree just to get to school safely.
It completely sends out the wrong message to the kids and more importantly their parents.

It appears Mr Boardman is talking bollocks (he does come across as a bit of a bellend). How can preventing accidents be a bad thing?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I would say the late children were 50:50, local to non-local, and as the school is probably 70% local children, the amount from different cultures is disproportionate. Here endeth the mathematical explanation!

I won't be asking you to do my tax return. I'd end up with my motor on Bricks. :laugh:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It appears Mr Boardman is talking bollocks (he does come across as a bit of a bellend). How can preventing accidents be a bad thing?

I can see his point as it doesn't go to the route cause, therefore it just perpetuates the 'norm' with is x amount of fatalities a year.
But yeah he certainly could phrase it better than picking on photos of 6 year olds wearing high-vis tabards. :lol:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I pass the same young couple every morning walking their 3 kids to school and every morning they are 10 mins late. Winds me up. Would it matter if one of the parents was actually killed so the other parent bucked their ideas up ? Actually a serious question.

They live opposite and I live 10 mins walk from school. I know 100% the do not suffer any disabilities and even though I go near the flame sometimes would never go near that sensitive subject.

Ps. They don’t have a car as she has 3 kids is 22 years old and is on benefits , he works park time and seems a good bloke.

I'd like to know which one takes the bullet?

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
Yes Hopkins is on the wind up... fairly obvious. Parent wants shooting for kids being late??? Seriously though for all the autism comments that are befalling him I can assure he's more sensitive to this issue than most will ever understand

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Someone else's kid being late for school winds you up?
Mind your own business and life will be a lot better :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here