Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will you go to the Football Association Challenge Cup sponsored by Emirates Third Round?

Will you go to the Football Association Challenge Cup sponsored by Emirates Third Round?

• Yes, regardless

Votes: 221 65.8%
  • Yes, if tickets are cheap

Votes: 43 12.8%
  • Brighton reserves v Palace reserves - no thanks

Votes: 35 10.4%
  • Fence

Votes: 37 11.0%

• Total voters

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Yes, will be going but expect the U23's to take a bit of a battering, really do hope we don't take this fixture seriously, I want us out of the cup and focused on the league at Round 3 and no further.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Yes, will be going but expect the U23's to take a bit of a battering, really do hope we don't take this fixture seriously, I want us out of the cup and focused on the league at Round 3 and no further.

Hate this attitude by football fans.... if teams like Brighton, palace, WBA stoke etc can't be bothered with the FA cup what's the goal? Coming 10th ? And that's it !!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Hate this attitude by football fans.... if teams like Brighton, palace, WBA stoke etc can't be bothered with the FA cup what's the goal? Coming 10th ? And that's it !!

Coming tenth, receiving around £140m to go towards building a squad that can establish itself in the EPL, from there push on for a European spot, yes, that's the plan. We did have a good cup run in the top flight previously, you may recall?

It's simply down to squad size and strength, we don't have a big enough squad and certainly don't have strength in depth, Premier League safety for me over the FA Cup.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
May depend on KO time

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Coming tenth, receiving around £140m to go towards building a squad that can establish itself in the EPL, from there push on for a European spot, yes, that's the plan. We did have a good cup run in the top flight previously, you may recall?

It's simply down to squad size and strength, we don't have a big enough squad and certainly don't have strength in depth, Premier League safety for me over the FA Cup.

Trouble is that £140 million will just get spent on players wages and agents.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Yes of course. It's the Albion, the Cup and a Derby match. Not sure how you could think of missing it.

That doesn't mean I'll enjoy it - I never do - and if we play the reserves I will feel seriously un-together for the rest of the season. Note to the brass; this matters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
100% we will play the ressies and so will they. Prem survival is everything to both teams and they won't risk injury in a cup game.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Trouble is that £140 million will just get spent on players wages and agents.

Indeed, making the squad bigger and better, whilst allowing us to strengthen our position. For me neither of us are wrong, I'd prefer we focus on the league and build a squad over time for success and you'd like the excitement of a cup run, neither is guaranteed and both have merits.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Of course I'm going to go.

Mind you, I will be hacked off if I don't have my usual seat in the Upper West.

Sounds like we are not going to sell out.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
100% yes, let's hope no trouble flares up or it could be a thunder cracker of a game

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
On reflection, I'll go if it's a bubble match.

Otherwise it isn't worth spending money on the associated travel and being-held-back grief.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I can't even conceive of not going. How is it even a question. Come on everyone this is Palace, we need to do them.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004

After two or three years in the PL it becomes a little different. Year one with a small squad isn’t the time for us.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's easy to suppose that if a 2,000 allocation can't behave, and cause safety issues, that the Safety Advisory Group will simply say that this time it'll be 1,500 or 1,000 and we'll see how that goes.

Palace fans can apply for tickets if they're season ticket holders, over 70, and accompanied by both parents.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here