Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will you go to the Football Association Challenge Cup sponsored by Emirates Third Round?

Will you go to the Football Association Challenge Cup sponsored by Emirates Third Round?

• Yes, regardless

Votes: 221 65.8%
  • Yes, if tickets are cheap

Votes: 43 12.8%
  • Brighton reserves v Palace reserves - no thanks

Votes: 35 10.4%
  • Fence

Votes: 37 11.0%

• Total voters

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
PALACE TICKETS
Some questions not worth starting a thread for.
We can charge what we like (no £30 away limit) so away tickets £52 to pay for the damage.
Will the whole stadium go on sale from day 1? I want three for this game but if restricted to one (LP's) and then two more when more go on sale I wont be with my family.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
PALACE TICKETS
We can charge what we like (no £30 away limit) so away tickets £52 to pay for the damage.
Will the whole stadium go on sale from day 1? I want three for this game but if restricted to one (LP's) and then two more when more go on sale I wont be with my family.

Pricing this high (Cat A pricing) is one way to suppress demand and keep the crowd down.

From the FA Cup Rules:

"The Away Club’s spectators can only be charged more than the home team if agreed by both clubs."

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Hate this attitude by football fans.... if teams like Brighton, palace, WBA stoke etc can't be bothered with the FA cup what's the goal? Coming 10th ? And that's it !!

Totally agree. Especially as we're still banging on about 1983 to this day.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Think same as Cat C PL is right price for this one

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Irrelevant that it's Palace, the early rounds of this competition are so devalued now, it's not worth a ****.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
when will we find out kick off time and day do we think ?

I guess after the TV choices have been made. I don't think they'll take too long though, as all these games are just over 4 weeks away and there's Christmas post etc to get in the way of ticketing.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
No, a repeat of the Tuesday firecrackers doesn't interest me.

My view too - I didn't vote because there was no box for how I felt. I've see Albion v Palace everywhere from Stamford Bridge downwards. I heard Gerry's leg break, I've skipped out of the Goldstone and slunk out of Selhurst. I have no plans to watch this fixture again.

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
Hate this attitude by football fans.... if teams like Brighton, palace, WBA stoke etc can't be bothered with the FA cup what's the goal? Coming 10th ? And that's it !!

Unfortunately that is correct, the main aim for Brighton is to stay up this season, however much fans want to see two strong teams lining up in a derby it will never happen, you can blame the fans but its the clubs that make the decisions and devalue the cup.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
PALACE TICKETS

Charging more means some can't afford it and might try rushing the fire doors again though.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I'm going.

Perhaps Palace will get their hoolies to behave this time. Then we can enjoy the rivalry. I expect things to be different this time.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
How cute, if all of those wankers had just behaved themselves last week, they would've all been able to get tickets for this one.

****ing idiots.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just a question if the police knocked on some Palace doors and took some of them in for questioning could they release them on police bail to await further investigation but impose a curfew on going within say 30 miles of The Amex as a condition of this bail. Or is that an infringement of their human rights?

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
Just a question if the police knocked on some Palace doors and took some of them in for questioning could they release them on police bail to await further investigation but impose a curfew on going within say 30 miles of The Amex as a condition of this bail. Or is that an infringement of their human rights?

Why bother? Just hit them up with banning orders. There doesn't seem to be much justification required for magistrates to hand out 3 year banning orders.

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
Charging more means some can't afford it and might try rushing the fire doors again though.

I doubt very much the police and stewards are going to let a repeat of last Tuesdays shenanigans to happen again. Expect even more checks to stop un-ticketed fans from getting anywhere near the Amex (or Brighton for that matter).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here