Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will you go to the Football Association Challenge Cup sponsored by Emirates Third Round?

Will you go to the Football Association Challenge Cup sponsored by Emirates Third Round?

• Yes, regardless

Votes: 221 65.8%
  • Yes, if tickets are cheap

Votes: 43 12.8%
  • Brighton reserves v Palace reserves - no thanks

Votes: 35 10.4%
  • Fence

Votes: 37 11.0%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
"Everton have become the latest club to be angered by Arsenal’s decision to give them reduced tickets for their FA Cup tie at the Emirates Stadium.

Everton raised objections with both the Football Association and Arsenal but the advisory group had the final decision."

Link: http://metro.co.uk/2014/02/20/evert...ion-for-arsenal-fa-cup-quarter-final-4311283/

[MENTION=21414]Del Fenner[/MENTION] - do you really think the local SAG down here are on your side right now?

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Bubble match methinks.
Generally a disgraceful intervention from the boys in blue but this one I could let slide.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Mine's a "No if it's on telly".

seagullsslimjim

Sep 26, 2003
Fantatsic game - its the FA cup and against Palace at home - do the maths on the chance of that

So last week we saw a break in, fireworks, bangers - nothing compared to week on week football in the 80's - I don't condone violence but passion seems to be missing these days

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I’ll be there, missed the last one for health reasons, will be looking forward to this one.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Under FA Cup rules our allocation is 4500 tickets, so yes, I will go

21. DISTRIBUTION OF TICKETS (a) All Rounds Preceding the Semi-Finals In all matches preceding the Semi-Finals, the Visiting Club shall have the right to claim up to 15% of all accommodation for which tickets are issued providing these tickets are in a fully segregated area, and subject to the following regulations: (i) The request for tickets shall be made within two days of the draw. (ii) The tickets allotted to the Visiting Club, if numbered and reserved, must be of equal value to those retained by the Home Club. (iii) In cases of replays, the Club playing away in the replay must make a request for tickets prior to the original match in order to ensure that the replay tickets are in the possession of the club playing away in the replay at the latest immediately on conclusion of the original match. (iv) The Visiting Club shall be responsible for the payment of all tickets asked for and allotted, unless otherwise agreed between the Clubs in writing with a copy sent to The Association. All questions in dispute shall immediately be referred to The Association. (v) The Visiting Club should settle with the Home Club for sales of tickets on or before the day of the match. (vi) Any tickets not sold by the Visiting Club should be returned to the Home Club with their statement of tickets sales. (vii) In the Competition Proper, a Visiting Club shall be entitled to one third of the seats usually reserved and known as “Home and Visiting Directors’ Seats” up to a maximum of 24 seats. (viii) Where disabled facilities are provided, a Visiting Club shall have the right to claim up to 15% of this accommodation.

(ix) Where it is deemed desirable, the Professional Game Board shall have the right to vary the allocation of tickets to the Visiting Club, or require a match to be made all ticket.

So if we don't open all the ground, you only get 15% of the reduced capacity
You must be in a fully segregated area, which may be less than 15%
But the last highlighted one, is the full get out, which could leave you with zero tickets if this is deemed desirable

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It's easy to suppose that if a 2,000 allocation can't behave, and cause safety issues, that the Safety Advisory Group will simply say that this time it'll be 1,500 or 1,000 and we'll see how that goes.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
Fantatsic game - its the FA cup and against Palace at home - do the maths on the chance of that

So last week we saw a break in, fireworks, bangers - nothing compared to week on week football in the 80's - I don't condone violence but passion seems to be missing these days
Don't confuse passion with mindless thuggery which resulted in two stewards being injured.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Wonder how the club will play this.

- Assume season ticket holders will want to book their seats and open the whole stadium ?

- Assume season ticket holders will want to give the firecracker display and the associated travel grief a miss, and therefore only open the lower tiers ?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Yes of course. It's the Albion, the Cup and a Derby match. Not sure how you could think of missing it.

That doesn't mean I'll enjoy it - I never do - and if we play the reserves I will feel seriously un-together for the rest of the season. Note to the brass; this matters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I always miss the third round of the F.A. Cup as it’s my wife’s birthday weekend. This year it falls on the Saturday and is a “significant” one, so I won’t be going unless the match is moved to the Sunday. Even then, I can’t be certain that I’d get away with it!

My biggest concern is that the idiots up the road will make her birthday shenanigans in town a little “interesting”.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Wonder how the club will play this.

- Assume season ticket holders will want to book their seats and open the whole stadium ?

- Assume season ticket holders will want to give the firecracker display and the associated travel grief a miss, and therefore only open the lower tiers ?

Hopefully open up the whole ground from the off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I always miss the third round of the F.A. Cup as it’s my wife’s birthday weekend. This year it falls on the Saturday and is a “significant” one, so I won’t be going unless the match is moved to the Sunday. Even then, I can’t be certain that I’d get away with it!

My biggest concern is that the idiots up the road will make her birthday shenanigans in town a little “interesting”.

My wife's birthday is 7th May, this has ment I missed the last game against Middlesborough & the last game against Aston Villa

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here