Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Parking Fine

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
OK, VCS would never have cancelled it anyway. Keep all the paperwork for 6 years, from PCN to all letters. Warn him about a probable claim & not to panic.

They are likely to get BW Legal (useless robo-claim legal firm) to try a useless robo-claim. Give me a shout if so, I write defences too. On forums well-coached defendants - scared ordinary people with no previous experience of court - win 99% of the time against this trash.

Did she spend over £30 and can she prove the breakdown? Before trying POPLA (which I can write for you if you wish) email Aldi Head Office, major complaint, attaching ALL Aldi receipts and Bank Statement payments that you as a family can cobble together to paint a solid picture of regular Aldi shoppers.

If she hasn't kept the receipt but can recall some of what she bought/which till might have been used, Aldi can reprint the receipt, not that it helps for POPLA who don;t take receipts into account. Aldi Head office will do, if you shout loud enough:

https://customerservice.aldi.co.uk/contact

Always complain before POPLA, because plenty of people have tried the other way round and been told by Stores/Head Offices: 'we would have cancelled it before the poor scammer firm were put to POPLA expense'.

He likes your advice and says thankyou. :)

Coach_Carter_92

Apr 25, 2013
Home
I work evenings at the Asda in Lancing, and parking eye have sent me several letters for parking fines, even though I'm a colleague....

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
She didnt need a push, she had to have a new clutch fitted, hardly likely to get that sort of help at the checkout.

I never said anything about a push! Did she know immediately that she needed a clutch? I'm guessing not as I suspect your daughter, pretty much like most people, doesn't know too much about engines, no shame in that. I just suggested that as she was in a predicament, as she seemed to have to wait an hour and half for the AA she could have told the store. They may or may not have been able to help (obviously not as it was a clutch) but they may have taken note of the situation and made sure no fine was issued, especially as you appear to be only allowed 90 minutes free parking in the first place.

Hopefully common sense will prevail and the fine will be revoked.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
It was never a 'fine'.

ParkingEye have no 'common sense' or customer service ethic, but the good thing is they never sue re Aldi locations. They sue pretty much everywhere else but do nothing about Aldi ones except daft letters. Having said that, these are best cancelled by complaint, or won at POPLA to stop the threatogram letter chain.

I work evenings at the Asda in Lancing, and parking eye have sent me several letters for parking fines, even though I'm a colleague....

Hope you aren't ignoring them. Asda were stupid last year in dumping soft-touch-easy-to-beat Smart Parking, in favour of 'sue-the-pants-off-people' ParkingEye and it's too soon to say for sure whether that contract Asda signed is like the Aldi one, or if it allows ParkingEye to sue.

Co-op employees were sued in their hundreds by Civil Enforcement 2 years ago as revenge for Co-op dumping the parking firm, so employees are not safe and no-one should make the mistake of thinking these charges are to be ignored.

Matrix10

Jun 7, 2011
Bexhill
That is exactly what happened to me at Aldi, but after a struggle got it stopped. I had been in twice during the day and they took the first time in and the last time out

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I wish more NSCers would park their fine cars in the field car parks at Gatwick. I need a better selection of cars to choose from.

Now that would be some "fine parking."

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I have had 2 tickets in Worthing in the last couple of years.

1 Lidl overstayed didn't realise they had reduced the two hours to one hour limit. Manager cancelled the ticket.
2 NCP by the theatre - Maplins have their own spaces for customers, with a one hour limit. I parked in their car park for 50 minutes and NCP fined me £100 for non-payment. The ticket was cancelled by the manager in Maplins.

Unlike private operators stores are not trying to rip off genuine customers, they just want to deter people from blocking spaces for other customers.

Just like you, my sister got an excessive fine of £100 just for being two minutes over the allotted time in a private car park in Worthing. The picture sent with the registration of her car had my eldest nephew getting back to the car.

She's vowed never to use their car park again. Worthing seems particularly harsh on parking. Also, watch out for the speed camera by Buck Barn (with a four-way set of traffic lights). The amount of drivers it catches is ridiculous. A real cash cow for them. :annoyed:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought that new government legislation allowed for a 10 minutes over time stay in car parks. The cameras near Bucks Barn are well signposted and warnings given but still people speed through them. I have no sympathy for anybody caught by them. I was more concerned about the mobile cameras placed just after the 2nd camera heading north on the A24 which photographs car coming around the bend having slowed down for the camera and then sped up again before approaching the lights and garage.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
Just like you, my sister got an excessive fine of £100 just for being two minutes over the allotted time in a private car park in Worthing. The picture sent with the registration of her car had my eldest nephew getting back to the car.
CP Plus, Ethical or Napier? She didn't pay them I hope - you can't get a PCN for a couple of mins overstay. Can't be right.

There is now a ten minute 'overstay' grace period in any car park (Council or private, if the firm is an 'approved operator' which means nothing much) but only after allowed - paid or free - parking time when stopped with authorisation/where allowed.

i.e. there is no free-for-all ten minutes in places where the public shouldn't park, nor ten minutes to 'go and get change'...which isn't allowed even in a Council car park.

arewethereyet?

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton

She's vowed never to use their car park again. Worthing seems particularly harsh on parking. Also, watch out for the speed camera by Buck Barn (with a four-way set of traffic lights). The amount of drivers it catches is ridiculous. A real cash cow for them.
:annoyed:
It’s only a cash cow if you are speeding, not speeding then you won’t pay any money, what could be more simple.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
CP Plus, Ethical or Napier? She didn't pay them I hope - you can't get a PCN for a couple of mins overstay. Can't be right.

There is now a ten minute 'overstay' grace period in any car park (Council or private, if the firm is an 'approved operator' which means nothing much) but only after allowed - paid or free - parking time when stopped with authorisation/where allowed.

i.e. there is no free-for-all ten minutes in places where the public shouldn't park, nor ten minutes to 'go and get change'...which isn't allowed even in a Council car park.

I don't drive so I'm not very knowledgeable on car park fines. She paid up which may have been the wrong thing to do although hopefully she's getting back the money by using much cheaper car parks that are for the general public.

It's great that you're helping people on NSC who have been issued fines. I had a different problem with a train ticket despite having proof of my genuine error. I'm still so angry about it that I don't use trains if I can avoid them unless it's subsidised travel. Got taken to court but my lawyer did a fantastic job.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
Paying a private parking charge (not fine) is always the wrong thing to do, unless a Judge tells you to after losing in court - almost never seen on any parking ticket forum. It's not about 'getting away with it' either - it's the parking firms who get away with it, because people think it's a fine and think bailiffs will rock up.

Glad to hear you won re your train penalty - they can be unfair too.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing

She's vowed never to use their car park again. Worthing seems particularly harsh on parking. Also, watch out for the speed camera by Buck Barn (with a four-way set of traffic lights). The amount of drivers it catches is ridiculous. A real cash cow for them. :annoyed:

I just had to pay a fine in the Union Place NCP in Worthing. It was while they were upgrading from wardens to cameras. I didn’t think it was in service yet but it was. Still, revenge will be served cold someday. The superglue is coming don’t you worry.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
I just had to pay a fine in the Union Place NCP in Worthing.

You didn't have a fine, and you should never have paid it! NCP would have been a cinch, slam-dunk easy win at POPLA, regardless of circumstances. Never lost one v NCP or a whole host of other useless firms.

It's people who blindly think they have to pay these that enable the industry to grow like the cancer it is.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My sister in law got a'ticket' in B & M shops Car Park in Bognor last week for overstaying by 5 mins as she went to another shop and they said she should have moved her car to their car park. I told her off today as she came home and paid the £50 immediately as it said if not paid within 14 days it would go to £75. People will not learn.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
My sister in law got a'ticket' in B & M shops Car Park in Bognor last week for overstaying by 5 mins as she went to another shop and they said she should have moved her car to their car park. I told her off today as she came home and paid the £50 immediately as it said if not paid within 14 days it would go to £75. People will not learn.

Sorry to hear that - it's numpties like that who make this industry slosh around in money. Daft to just pay - surely people can Google, what's wrong with them?

Also, it sounds like a parking firm that is not even regulated, as they have to pay lip service to a minimum 40% discount, as well as the ten minute minimum grace period. If it was an unregulated firm (non BPA or IPC member - i.e. a thug chancer company) then they couldn't even have written to her, were barred from getting her DVLA data and she wouldn't have heard another thing! It had as much clout as a Burger King flyer on the windscreen, by the sound of it. Nothing would have happened.

On forums we help with 100% discount.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
My parents have been done by ParkingEye at the Stanford Medical Centre on Preston Road, my mum had an appointment and was there for 20 odd minutes but forgot to put their reg plate on the system so have been done.

My parents appealed to the the initial notice by stating that my dad, who has memory issues due to an accident many years ago, forgot to put the reg number in and they both thought the other had done it, ParkingEye then sent a quite threatening letter accusing my parents of disputing who was driving and saying they have a number of days to respond.

I got my parents to get confirmation from the Docs confirming they had an appointment but would like some advice on how to proceed.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Sorry to hear that - it's numpties like that who make this industry slosh around in money. Daft to just pay - surely people can Google, what's wrong with them?

That's a bit harsh, even in this day and age they are millions of people who are not as savvy as you obviously are. I would guess 99% of people over 60 wouldn't have a clue if a parking fine is legit or not and wouldn't immediately jump on google (even if they could) to see how they could get out of it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here