Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Threadful of songs from the West coast circa 1970 (one for the older NSCer)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
This thread can never be complete without Jackson Browne's 'I thought I was a child'.

It's all a matter of what you like, isn't it? As far as I'm concerned, personally, most things I can think of are complete without Jackson Browne! One man's Marmite is another man's......errr.....Marmite and all that.

Sorrry!

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
It's all a matter of what you like, isn't it? As far as I'm concerned, personally, most things I can think of are complete without Jackson Browne! One man's Marmite is another man's......errr.....Marmite and all that.

Sorrry!

I wouldn't dispute that! However, I prefer music to be lifechanging, as opposed to quite good. That's why, apart from my dad, Jackson is my all time hero. Sadly, there are too many Bridcutts out there and not enough Van Bastens.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I wouldn't dispute that! However, I prefer music to be lifechanging, as opposed to quite good. That's why, apart from my dad, Jackson is my all time hero. Sadly, there are too many Bridcutts out there and not enough Van Bastens.

So do I (prefer music that is life changing, that is) - and there are a few things on this thread that were life changing for me - but JB just isn't one of them. Like I say, Marmite.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think it's really important, just to enjoy good music. People get hung up on genre, okay, but hung up on geography?!? Man! that's just lame.

Kosh, this was thread dedicated to one type of music, no-one has suggested it is the ONLY kind of music, Would you post some heavy metal music on a Northern Soul thread. Silly question, yes of course you would :lolol:

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Kosh, this was thread dedicated to one type of music, no-one has suggested it is the ONLY kind of music, Would you post some heavy metal music on a Northern Soul thread. Silly question, yes of course you would :lolol:

Ah! You know me so well...

I would.

Although I dispute the heavy metal tag, I prefer heavy rock and/or proto metal.

From every coast, as well as the universe and... beyond.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I'm sure Sharon Tate would agree with you

The music scene in LA and SF around then must have been very incestuous because the chap I posted about, Craig Smith, got involved with Manson as well. Charlie boy certainly had charm, that's for sure.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The music scene in LA and SF around then must have been very incestuous because the chap I posted about, Craig Smith, got involved with Manson as well. Charlie boy certainly had charm, that's for sure.

Dennis Wilson, as I think you alluded to in an earlier post, was also smitten by Manson and hung out at his commune much to the disgust of the other Beach Boys I believe.

Has to be said that Dennis was a complete feck up in his later life through drink and drugs, with people avoiding him wherever he went. Sad indeed.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Dennis Wilson, as I think you alluded to in an earlier post, was also smitten by Manson and hung out at his commune much to the disgust of the other Beach Boys I believe.

Has to be said that Dennis was a complete feck up in his later life through drink and drugs, with people avoiding him wherever he went. Sad indeed.

Still think I'd have preferred to hang out with Dennis Wilson than Mike Love though!

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Still think I'd have preferred to hang out with Dennis Wilson than Mike Love though!

Rather than any of the others, especially Brian :lolol:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I seem to remember this featuring on Silence of the Lambs, drum solos like they used to be when songs were longer. Starts around six minutes 30, have a listen if you’ve never heard it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UIVe-rZBcm4

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here